Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Netflix – offline viewing
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Looks like Netflix have introduced offline view.. Nice.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/54816

toby1

Been using it for the last 2 days for the train ride, BRILLIANT. I know it doesn’t mean the same to everyone, but this was good news for me this week.

hatter

Yup, brilliant, means I can download a film or two to watch when I’m flying.

🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting. I much prefer download to streaming as broadband and the providers speeds are so unreliable

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice. Says a “limited selection”, how limited I wonder?

richardk
    Free Member

Very limited so far, doesn’t appear to be working well either (films show up in the ‘available for download’ section but can’t be downloaded).

Limits on number of devices also still apply – if you pay the subscription for 2 devices, you can only download content to 2 devices…

jimdubleyou

Nice. Says a “limited selection”, how limited I wonder?

When Amazon started downloads, I seem to recall the answer being “Very”.

Most stuff I want to watch is downloadable now though…

molgrips
    Free Member

Y
    A
    Y
    !

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Certainly makes it look more appealing.

How much space does an avg film take up though? (thinking ipad with limited storage)

toby1

It takes time to compress and verify large amounts of content. It takes time to test this content downloaded onto various platforms. It also requires quite a bit of infrastructure to support so personally I am happy to give them a break. The 2 things I tried to download so far were present, but they weren’t particularly high demand no doubt, i.e. Cuckoo which I only recently discovered and Black Mirror.

So it’s good for me at the moment.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I much prefer download to streaming as broadband and the providers speeds are so unreliable

if only we regulated the market more so they did what they said they did :Wink:

Virgin achieve their download speeds consistently and i would imagine any fibre optic broadband provider does

Superficial
    Free Member

Hurrah! I love amazon’s offline watching, but there’s way more stuff on Netflix. Let’s hope more things become downloadable though.

Oh and while we’re at the requests – more Archer please.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Netflix – offline viewing’ is closed to new replies.