Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Netflix, Lovefilm type thing that works outside uk
  • iolo
    Free Member

Does anyone know which on demand tv download thing works outside the uk?
    Netflix and Lovefilm don’t.

MSP

Netflix does with a smartdns service, I use overplay. I signed up with a UK issued credit card (issued by a UK bank to my German address), but apparently you can sign up with paypal. smartdns costs about 5 quid a month.

Using that CC and smartdns I can also get UK content from iplayer itunes and sky-go.

mrmoofo

Netflix doesn’t work outside of the UK … or it didn’t for me. What you need is an IP proxy such as “Hide My Ass” or another such paid service

molgrips
    Free Member

As an expat you want a VPN service like Witopia that I used in Germany. It allows you to be from loads of different places so not only can you watch Lovefilm, iPlayer etc from the UK you can also watch Hulu from the US which has loads of stuff. Well worth US$60/year.

Although you will need a UK address to pay for the UK subscription services but IIRC you have one, don’t you?

MSP

I have found the smartdns works for most stuff and gives full bandwidth, as well as being swappable to other countries, VPN can be a bit naff quality wise.

For address I just put down my parents address, although my card is issued to my German address. As long as the first 6 digits of the card show it is issued by a british bank, it seems to work.

molgrips
    Free Member

Witopia gave me full bandwidth (16Mbps) when I used it. Worth noting that some sites block proxy servers.

batfink
    Free Member

Unotelly works well for me (in Sydney): five bucks a month and dead simple.

iolo
    Free Member

I have Witopia and couldn’t get Lovefilm to work. I called them and they said they could see I was trying to access via proxy. My uk card. I might try Netflix.

Mackem

Have go at http://www.hola.org – works well for me (and free)

grum
    Free Member

You could just use couchtuner.eu if you’re not bothered about legality. Netflix should work outside the UK though as I can get American Netflix here using Unblock US.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Netflix, Lovefilm type thing that works outside uk’ is closed to new replies.