• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ffej.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nest learning thermostat
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Mate was asking me about these today, he was just basically looking something to switch his thermostat via his phone.
    Anyone got one, claims all true? Any opinions?

nickdavies

There’s a decent long thread on here about them and a few other options, can’t copy a link on the iPad for some reason. As with most things just google nest singletrackworld never ceases to amaze me how you can do that with pretty much any subject and you’ll find a handful of threads on here..

northernmatt

If he just wants to switch it off via his phone he can get a Salus one for about £150. Nest is about £280-300 I think.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nah, nest v2 is 150 right now from google play store, or v3 is 200ish depending on whether you want installation included, direct from nest (main difference is that v3 does hot water control too, not just heat. from what i can tell anyway).

andybrad

its ok, ive been running mine for a while now and i would say its increased my heating cost.

Its very accurate and easy to use though. Wish they had done the hot water version before i got mine.

ffej
    Free Member

I’ve had one for about a year now. It’s very good. Easy to control by the thermostat or pretty much any mobile device. The auto-away thing works by sensing people in its vicinity so you need to position it somewhere active in the house to work best. You either hard wire it to a wall, or use the USB cable and adaptor to power it together with a stand to put it on a surface.

I installed mine myself but it was replacing a (rubbish) wireless thermostat already so a very simple job.

Jeff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nest learning thermostat’ is closed to new replies.