Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nerve damage?
  • Pook

I came off my bike a couple of years ago.

[video]http://vimeo.com/45934332[/video]

and dinged my elbow/forearm. it doens’t look much in the vid, but it was sore. Now since then, every so often I’ll rest my arm on something and I get a shooting pain from the point i hit it on my elbow – as if a nerve has been plucked with a pair of pliers. It’s horrible.

It used to happen once in a blue moon, but now it happens quite regularly. Typing this now, I keep getting it.

I’ve a doctors appointment later to see what they say, but what could it be? Anyone had similar?

neilwheel
    Free Member

You could have scar tissue or a bone chip around the nerve which is what is causing the pain.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I have something very similar. But I have a ‘floaty’ bit of something on the tip of my elbow. Every so often I catch it wrong and its a searing pain. Showed the doc who said they wouldn’t do anything with it.

too much risk for too little gain apparently.

wwaswas

I have something similar in one elbow;

“It hurts when I do this!”

“Well don’t do that then.”

seems to be the advice.

I have to make a point of either resting my forearm flat on a surface or using the back of my elbow to rest on – the actual ‘point’ is very tender.

This is after a couple of ‘slow topple over onto left elbow’ falls last winter.

Pook

Yep – that’s what I’ve just had.

Ever heard that joke where the bloke goes to the dr and says “It hurts when i do that”, and the dr says “don’t do that then”

that’s just happened to me.

Probable chip and scar tissue which now presses on the ulna nerve.

mikeyp

Sounds like your ulnar nerve, runs through the groove on your elbow. There are surgical options but as with mrlugz it depends how much of a problem it has become
    Edit: beaten to it by your gp

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I have something very similar. But I have a ‘floaty’ bit of something on the tip of my elbow. Every so often I catch it wrong and its a searing pain. Showed the doc who said they wouldn’t do anything with it.

too much risk for too little gain apparently.

Same here, got a bit of loose bone on the tip of my elbow after fracturing it a few years ago. I don’t get sharp pains but if I’m doing a lot of physical work with that arm it’ll start feeling numb after a while. I mentioned it to my doctor once and she said the same that its best left alone and not worth the risk of opening it up and removing it.

I’ve just damaged the nerve in my hip too which is giving me shooting pains and numbness, apparently its just impact damage and should go back to normal within 6 months.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nerve damage?’ is closed to new replies.