Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nerja – anybody ridden that area of Spain (road)?
  • aazlad
    Free Member

It’s the estended family holiday to Nerja, Spain next week and I persuaded Mrs Aazlad it would be a good idea to take a bike. Does anybody know the area from a cycling perspective? Any route reccomendations? I’ll be taking the Road bike. Sierra Nevada isn’t too far away but not sure I’m ready for the big mountains.

marti
    Free Member

Saw plenty of folk doing the climb up to frigliana and round to torrox when I was there last month. Didn’t have my bike with me. But I don’t think you will struggle to find a few nice rides to do

althepal

Road up and through Frigliana is lovely but havent cycled it.. no local clubs maybe? Theres a few expats surely?

scandalous
    Free Member

not ridden (though its on the to do list) but have spent a lot of time around those parts before, but if you do some research into rideable back roads (the blacktop gets a bit sketchy in places if you go too far off the beaten track) I reckon it would be tough to beat

sunshine + high mountain roads + daft long descents to the sea + a few jugs of sangria = bliss!

tonyg2003

I haven’t ridden round there for quite a few years (~10yrs!) but the roads inland of Nerja are great, although you need to be super careful if it’s wet (they are as slippery as hell). The climb to Frigiliana is good and we stayed in Competa (another good climb). You can ride over to Torrox, Salares from Competa and the climb out of Archez is a bitch. For big days out we used to ride over to Ventas de Zafarraya.

I’d imagine that if you look at Strava all these roads will be on there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nerja – anybody ridden that area of Spain (road)?’ is closed to new replies.