Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Neil Gaiman…….
  • righog
    Free Member

I am coming across more stuff from Neil Gaiman ( late as usual )

I have enjoyed Neverwhere ( on the radio maybe thru Youtube )

American Gods ( just listened to the audiobook )

and this

The Truth is a cave in teh Black Mountains

The last episode will be broadcast tomorrow ^^

and it looks as if American Gods is will very soon be on TV as a Box set. Cant wait.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thought he was dead.

The internet has broken me.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Like, sometimes love his prose, hate his narration – hire an actor ya cheap bar steward

righog
    Free Member

Thought he was dead.

The internet has broken me.

are those books by him as well ? 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Neverwhere is one of my favourite books.

twistedpencil

First read Good Omens many years ago, despite being into comics never read his stuff, though I intend to rectify that. A few years ago I picked up American Gods and haven’t looked back. All his books that I’ve read have been great to date. His latest is lined up to read next.
    Looking forward to American Gods the TV show.

ChrisL

I too discovered him through Good Omens. I’ve since read and enjoyed The Sandman, Neverwhere and American Gods. I struggled and never got round to finishing Anansi Boys though. It was good in places but it frequently felt like a sitcom whose entry in the TV listings would end with “…with hilarious consequences”, and I found that a bit annoying.

angeldust
    Free Member

Try Miracleman (if only for the Alan Moore parts. Which is most of it!). What exists of the late Gaiman issues is interesting too though.

cousinzeke

‘The Ocean at the end of the lane’ is great – and if you’re a fan, you can always visit the road in Portsmouth that they named after the book as its where Gaiman was born

Cougar

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that he’s currently working of a sequel.

legend
    Free Member

Neverwhere was crackin’, really struggled with American Gods though

toby1

American Gods was tough, Anansi Boys was better in my opinion. Graveyeard book was good too.

His prose flows really well in my view.

mikey74
    Free Member

American Gods is one of my favourite books, as are Good Omens and Neverwhere. Riding the tube in London has never been the same since I read the latter. The Ocean… was superb as well.

I’m not a fan of short stories, so I haven’t read any of his comps, nor have I read any of his graphic novels

funkmasterp

I’ll second all the votes for American Gods, Good Omens, The Ocean At The End Of The Lane and Sandman. When he’s on form he’s a brilliant writer and world builder.

righog
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that he’s currently working of a sequel.

He wrote How the Marquis Got His Coat Back as a short sequel that was on Radio over Christmas

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If you’re happy to give comic books a go then try “the sandman” series. I expect it’s available in a collected edition, or digitally these days but it really was very good.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Enjoyed watching Lucifer. Big fan of Sandman so didn’t disappoint.

Cougar

He wrote How the Marquis Got His Coat Back as a short sequel that was on Radio over Christmas

No, it’s not that, there’s an actual full sequel in the works I’m sure. Well, I think I’m sure. I think it was mentioned in SFX a couple of months back.

AlexSimon

He definitely is. It’s his current project.
    He talks about it occasionally on Twitter.

phinbob

Loved American Gods, and I actually enjoyed his narration in The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Neverwhere is also excellent.

bigblackshed

All of the above.

The BBC TV drama of Neverwhere was far better than I expected. It’s available as a DVD set, but it probably won’t age well. Mid to late 1990s TV generally doesn’t. Worth seeking out though.

CountZero

Thought he was dead.

Well, in that case it was a very healthy corpse that signed my copy of The Ocean At The End Of The Lane in Bath when it came out…
    I’ve also got a hard cover copy of Good Omens signed by Neil and Sir Terry; in fact I’ve got a few of Neil’s books signed, and most of Sir T’s as well.
    There’s a Folio Edition of American Gods just released, in a slipcase with illustrations by Dave McKean, £75 though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Neil Gaiman…….’ is closed to new replies.