Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Neighbours hit my car.
  • project
    Free Member

But its just a car,it has no emotions, feelings or mind of its own, sometimes things get bumped or damaged and the person doesnt realise whats happened, thats what insurance is for.

Also imagine some random neighbour knocks on the door accusing you of damaging their car, when you have absolutely no idea you even touched their car, and they wanted compo for minor damage, and they had also called the police and wasted their time for a minor scuff, you wouldnt be happy would you.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also imagine some random neighbour knocks on the door accusing you of damaging their car, when you have absolutely no idea you even touched their car, and they wanted compo for minor damage, and they had also called the police and wasted their time for a minor scuff, you wouldnt be happy would you.

I want to be all pissy, as this is STW, but that is a good point.

Although, the OP has raised the issue, and rather than address it in any capacity, the alleged offender has naffed off without talking turkey.

cbike
    Free Member

How can her side panel hit on a turn? Is it more likely her corner or wheel that’s scraped? Cars get scratched. If your precious sort via insurance, I’d let it go on the basis of good relations. Sometimes better to take the hit than be correct. Like cycling on the road!

twoniner
    Free Member

I’ve not accused her, I have pointed it out along with the evidence on how I came to the conclusion that it may have been her.

I have seen her since and she say’s she’s not hit it and that if she did she would have let me know. Yeah right, a young girl probably paying a silly premium as it is aint going to admit to it IMO.

I’m not sure where to go with it now.

Jamie
    Free Member

I find, depending on what angle I look at the damage, it doesn’t seem that bad.

muggomagic

There you go OP Jamie has fixed it for nothing…….

ricky1
    Free Member

When you have something you have worked for scratched and buggered by someone who obviously doesn’t care the last thing you need is some dick taking the piss.

tron
    Free Member

TBH I’d mention that they’ve scraped your car, that you’ll see if it will polish out but if it needs paint then you’ll have to put it through the insurance.

Going straight to the insurance is most likely going to get you a narked off neighbour who may just deny the lot.

Ideal world they would come round and fess up and make sure it was all made good, but given they haven’t, they’re probably the sort who’ll take umbrage if you demand they make good. Long term it’s a lot less aggro to take a pragmatic approach.

nealglover
    Free Member

Bit of soapy watyer and it will be gone .

All the body shops must be shitting it now that you have revealed that damaged paintwork can be magically fixed by washing the car.

I’m gutted I’ve been wasting so much time rotary machine polishing stuff all these years.

Jamie
    Free Member

When you have something you have worked for scratched and buggered by someone who obviously doesn’t care the last thing you need is some dick taking the piss.

Seems a bit harsh on muggomagic.

muggomagic

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Neighbours hit my car.’ is closed to new replies.