Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Neighbour's dogs in my garden. Grrr, I'm a bit miffed.
  • digga
    Free Member

The owner of the dogs has a responsibility to ensure they do not stray, not least because they should not be able to bother the OP’s dog or shit in the OP’s garden, but also because of the potential hazards to road traffic. End of.

The dangerous dog’s Act is a can of worms which is perennially misunderstood and misused – it relates primarily to dogs interactions with humans and two dogs have a bit of a barny is not something it was designed to deal with.

ourmaninthenorth

Shoot first. Apologise second.

It’s the only proportionate response. 😉

freeagent
    Free Member

I’d give the dogs a blast with the hose whenever they stray onto your property.
    He’ll soon get fed up with them shaking themselves dry inside his house.

I’d also be flicking the dog eggs back onto his property, preferably aiming for the doorsteps.

Personally I hate dogs, but totally agree you shouldn’t harm them (soaking with the hose isn’t harming)

crankboy
    Free Member

get a super soaker or pressure spray use that to spray his dogs with a hose fill it with water from a water but or pond (smells worse) hand return all poo in a paper bag . send bill for all damage to garden and your time. Much better plan than my original catch dogs and remove to a remote place of safety or sell on ebay.

tillydog
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

A stray dog is any dog in a public place on its own.

The OP’s garden isn’t a public place.

[/quote]

No, but presumably the dogs are leaving their owner’s garden onto a public road/path (OP mentions the gates being used for access by various people) before making their way to the OP’s and others’ gardens.

Also, even if this wasn’t the case, the OP’s garden isn’t fenced, so the dogs would be free to roam off into any adjacent public paths or roads.

Get the Dog Warden onto them if the neighbour doesn’t respond to polite requests.

(Dog owner)

blurty

.410 garden gun, 1/4 charge cartridge with the lead shot replaced with rocksalt.

They soon learn.

hora
    Free Member

OP the answer is a low fence. Say 3ft high. Check with your council if you need permission first though as if your neighbour is vindictive he may challenge and any costs you’ve incurred may be lost when its torn down.

Its the only real answer I’m afraid. You can’t rely on your neighbour to do the right thing so far it seems so adding springs isn’t going to happen based on form..

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

The owner obviously hasn’t got the attitude or the ability to look after dogs. Take them to the nearest animal refuge and give them a chance at being rehomed. Might want to remove any tags first 😉

Seriously, you should not be effected by someone elses choice to keep dogs.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Lab’s love being wet anyway, soak them!!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Ambrose – Member
    He runs a sports physio business from home.

I approached my neighbour again two days ago…his response was not very positive. He shouted and swore at me…Next time you talk to him about it, discreetly record his effing & jeffing, then post it online referencing his business.

midlifecrashes

Does his business have a twitter/facebook account?

aracer
    Free Member

No, wrapped in burning newspaper on his doorstep (don’t forget to ring the bell) is far more effective.

qwerty
    Free Member

Would a

help?

Ambrose

Many, many thanks for all the advice. The dogs were trying to get into my shed at 6:45AM on Wednesday. I’m going to give the dog warden a call. I’ve had a chat with other neighbours. It’s not only me that is annoyed.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour's dogs in my garden. Grrr, I'm a bit miffed.’ is closed to new replies.