Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Neighbour keeps leaving goods on my doorstop to sell on Ebay!
  • Toddboy
    Free Member

Just sold a brand new Dyson vacuum cleaner. Very generous of him I must say. 😆

sandwicheater

Dyson you say, not cheap. I’d do some digging into their financial status. You know, civic duty and all.

perchypanther
    Free Member

*reported to DSS / QVC / HMRC / STW*

clodhopper
    Free Member

😆

Actually; many years ago, my wife ordered an MP3 player, which never arrived. A free replacement was sent. Some time later, the first one was discovered in the corner of the front garden, under an upturned empty plant pot. She informed the company, who told her they’d arrange pick up for the item, but she never heard from them again. I took the layer and used it for several years (still got both somewhere).

Last year, we had some relatives staying. One had their suitcase delayed at Luton, which arrived about 3 days later. It had been butchered by someone, so the airline agreed to replace it. A much smaller new one arrived, we complained, a suitably sized one was sent. 2 attempts to get it picked up failed (their fault). We’re still awaiting new pick up arrangements. It’s a good little case, and it’s now been away 3 or 4 times with us.

Are we going to jail?

avdave2

I know of one damaged suitcase that actually managed to generate 3 new suitcases over a couple of years for 3 different people. I don’t know if anything has changed but this particular airline didn’t take the damaged one away so it carried on flying and getting itself replaced.

woffle
    Free Member

way back when, one of my school friends ended up with a surplus brand-new and shiny Orange Clockwork after having two delivered and despite his (honest) best endeavours, the courier company never collected.

TBH I think it was a royal PITA for the 3 or 4 months he spent trying to send it back before he sent them a letter saying essentially collect-it-by-x or I’m keeping it…

slowoldman

Are we going to jail?

Well there could be a case to answer.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

😀

bigG
    Free Member

Big Bubba your cell mate says,,

seadog101

I bought a guitar off Ebay, Hermes managed to lose it, twice (what else would you expect?). Seller refunded my money, naturally.

Guitar turned up 3 months later, miraculously in perfect condition despite packaging being mutilated.

Being the honest type, first tried to let seller know, no response, and Hermes flatly denied even delivering it!

Score one Ibanez Artcore bass!

revs1972
    Free Member

It really is pi55 poor isn’t it ?
    Wife ordered a quilt cover from Debenhams , it didn’t turn up. She went online and she was informed that the item has been posted through the letterbox. (Hermes). We have a standard size letterbox, the parcel is twice the size . How do we know this ? Because it was found thrown behind the front garden wall, and could not physically fit in the letterbox.
    In the meanwhile, Debenhams agreed to resend and this afternoon , as the wife was looking out the window , the Hermes guy pulls up gets out of his van, looks over the wall where he dumped the parcel , goes back to his van and gets the replacement parcel out, then rings the doorbell and drops the new parcel on the doorstep , and walks off promptly followed by the missus asking what he’s playing at. He just drove off without answering her.
    She rang Debenhams to let them know what had happened and they just said to keep the original parcel as compensation and they would look into it.
    So that’s Hermes , UkMail and TNT all at it in my experience

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I have a mate who hired a portable jenny which broke, HSS sent a replacement and collected the broken one via courier. 2week after he returned the jenny to HSS a brand new one arrived at his door. HSS didn’t want to know so got a free Honda 2kW jenny fir nowt!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour keeps leaving goods on my doorstop to sell on Ebay!’ is closed to new replies.