Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Need to collect a car I just brought, Insurer is in Glasgow and not answering..
  • ricochet_rob
    Free Member

the phone ! Recorded message saying to call back in 48 hours once the problems are over. **** snow !!!

So, my existing policy is on my old car which has probably been written off, fully comp. Can I drive the new car on that policy ?

I need to get the car today and unless they start answering the phone I cant tranfer the policy over…..

northshoreniall

48 hour cover from one of the online short term sites?

wwaswas

as above – get a short policy elsewhere.

scaredypants

have you got a mate with a policy that lets him drive someone else’s car ?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Does a fully comp policy not allow you to drive any other car ? 3rd party cover only though ?
    I cant even speak to them to check that out.

I dont really want to take out another policy just to drive the 5 miles home.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Does a fully comp policy not allow you to drive any other car ? 3rd party cover only though ?

Not always, but mostly yes. BUT only on a car YOU DON’T own……

I dont really want to take out another policy just to drive the 5 miles home.

Can’t the person you’re buying it from do that for you? Or a mate? Or go back and fetch it in 48hrs?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Its in my other half’s name, I am a named driver on it though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I am a named driver on it though.

As only a named driver you won’t be included to drive other cars! That’s only the policy holder

5lab

dayinsure.co.uk

get one days insurance. job done

aracer
    Free Member

Where did you bring it from?

uplink
    Free Member

here you go

http://www.aviva.co.uk/driveaway/

lots of the car supermarkets use this lot, you have to listen to a sales pitch & let them quote for the full year but it’s not too bad

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Need to collect a car I just brought, Insurer is in Glasgow and not answering..’ is closed to new replies.