Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Need to sell a bike but not sure which to get rid of
  • markflav
    Free Member

For storage reasons i’m in a position where I have to sell one of my bikes but i’m really unsure which one to sell.

I do mainly cross country riding with a bit of trail stuff thrown in. My focus is mainly mileage which makes me think to keep my hard tail, however my full susser is just alot plusher and higher specced.

So its either sell:
    Orange Clockwork 100s (2015)
    or
    Specialized Camber Evo (2015)

Please help as its like giving a child away…

ravingdave

ooh! now that is a tough choice. Camber will be more versatile on more trails.

have you TRULY exhausted all storage options though? some good vertical/on wall/roped into a garage loft innovative solutions out there…

markflav
    Free Member

Unfortunately – we are going to be back into an apartment soon so won’t have the benefit of the shed anymore. (Skis etc to be stored at folks, but both bikes are simply too good to not be ridden on a regular basis)

tmb467
    Free Member

Sell em both and get a plus bike?

That’s the 2016 answer. There will be a different one along next year (depending upon Brexit fallout)

Personally I’d keep the Spesh but I’m old and slow

steve_b77
    Free Member

Personally I’d keep the FS

PJM1974
    Free Member

Crikey…

I’d keep the Camber if it were me, but flogging both and buying a new bike is an idea – I sold both my Camber and Orange P7 to help fund a Stumpjumper.

markflav
    Free Member

Well not really thought of that but both bikes aren’t particularly old. The Camber is really good fun, but the Orange is a hardtail work horse which is pretty versatile i.e. bikepacking etc.

adsh
    Free Member

For me it depends how much I push the mileage and speed on XC. Really long rides at speed and I need the FS.

Winter riding maintenance issues to factor in too. Plus for XC seems a red herring.

Northwind

If there’s any jobs either bike can’t do, that’s pretty important. When I was deciding whether to sell my hardtail I basically a/b tested it against my full suss, at all the stuff I thought it was best at- literally rode the same trails back to back to see how they differed. It was the only way I could figure it out

v666ern
    Free Member

Can you not keep them;

Under the stairs, i.e. landloards cupd?
    in the hall?
    Communal bike store?
    Anywhere at work where you can leave one?
    Rent a shed/mates house?

benp1

Sell both and buy another is a good idea (plus bike or maybe an XC FS bike like a Spearfish)

or sell the FS and keep the hardtail. More fun to push something over the limit every now and then, then feel you’re hardly making the FS bike break into a sweat

bumps
    Free Member

Recently in the same dilemma.mwas about to sell my Stumpy and keep the Whyte 905 but did the opposite. The Stumpy is just the better bike more of the time.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Yep. Sell and buy something new – yr old babies grew up, time for you to enjoy something new 🙂

chestrockwell

Think I agree with sell both to buy another. Either that or keep the FS.

edhornby

The one that sells for the highest amount

ctk
    Free Member

If your undecided

The one that sells for the highest amount

makes sense to me but if you are doing lots of bikepacking then i guess you need to keep the Clockwork?

MoreCashThanDash

You need to sell the one that fits me……

garage-dweller

I love my camber evo so that’d be my keeper. For covering miles the cushy ride would be a selling point too.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Hide one by hanging it from the ceiling. 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Sounds to me you need to get a third bike.

I have ten – stored in the lounge inside a tiny flat. If I had to sell one it would pain me.. 😯

Surely you can find somewhere else to keep one???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Need to sell a bike but not sure which to get rid of’ is closed to new replies.