Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • need some help selling a bike ?!?!?!?!?!?
  • willis909
    Free Member

hi I wanted to start biking again so I got my £1000 bike to work scheme voucher ordered a bike that I’ll be picking up today , but I just don’t think I have time so gona have to sell it but don’t want to lose to much money any ideas where’s best to sell ??? it’s a lapierre pro race227 2014 mountain bike

cloudnine
    Free Member

Cancel it if you havent picked it up.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cancel the order?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Drac

It’s not yours to sell.

Cancel the order.

wwaswas

It’s not yours to sell.

this.

Your employer is providing you with a bike, not a loan.

[edit] does selling it count as theft only it’s being touted round the classifieds now…

lunge

I can see a theme emerging here. It’s not yours, its the companies so you shouldn’t be selling it. Cancel the order if you can, if not, you’re going to have to live with with.

aracer
    Free Member

You could always put up a classified ad on here, selling it for £850 – don’t forget to put in your mobile number if you’re not a regular on here and unlikely to ever visit the forums again, and mention if it comes with any extras like a spare inner tube or a lock.

When you’ve done that post a thinly disguised for sale ad to the main forums so you also catch those people who don’t visit the classifieds forum.

I have to admit it’s certainly an interesting way to try and get a cash advance with a negative interest rate though.

br
    Free Member

and you only registered on STW today…

Jamie
    Free Member

and you only registered on STW today…

Well, he needs an account to sell the bike he doesn’t have yet.

scotroutes

The other issue you have is that anyone looking for one of those could probably go into a shop and strike a deal for it at no more than £900 – and that would have a warranty. You’re kidding yourself if you think you will get £850.

Explain the situation to your company HR people (or person) and just cancel the whole deal.

sandwicheater

Throw it in the canal and hope the problem goes away. Tis what I did with my old girlfriend.

bearnecessities

Don’t think he’ll get many bites with an incorrect phone number anyhow 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

So you’re getting a bike to ride to work but now discovered you won’t have time to ride to work?

legend
    Free Member

best scam evar!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wonder if he’ll do PayPal gift?

wordnumb
    Free Member

So you’re getting a bike to ride to work but now discovered you won’t have time to ride to work?

Turns out they wouldn’t let him take it on the private jet.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘need some help selling a bike ?!?!?!?!?!?’ is closed to new replies.