Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need new Pedals
  • hainman
    Free Member

just sold my old bike and never thought to keep my pedals,the old style Nano’s.Suppose a new bike deserves new pedals,right??

i just bought a set of Wellgo MG-1 to give them a go,then the Mrs says,why not use some of the money you got from the bike and buy some new pedals

so do i keep the wellgo’s and run them or opt to send them back and buy some bling,DMR vaults or hope F20’s
    Ive never spent more than 30quid on pedals so no idea if the DMR or Hope will be “that” much better,whats the best ?Its going on a Bird Aeris
    cheers

mark90
    Free Member

If you liked the old Nano’s just get some of the newer Nano-x’s. Nice big platform and plenty of pins, grippy. It’s what mine is running (borrowed from another bike till Santa brings me a new set).

andyl
    Free Member

You will probably find the MG1’s a bit thick. Great pedals when they came out back in 2008ish and still one of the lightest but newer pedals are definitely bigger and thinner.

sharkattack

DMR Vault’s in my opinion are the best flat pedals ever, and I’ve had most of them. Especially if you’ve got big, fat, duck feet like I have.

Are you anywhere near Sheffield? JE James have some of the slightly lighter magnesium bodied ones for about £80 (I forget exactly how much)

Needless to say…..I couldn’t resist buying my third pair. I’m saving them for my next posh bike.

andy4d

I am going to give a pair of saints a go from santa, seem a decent price at crc just now (£41).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Someone else was selling brand new burgtecs on the classifieds. I nearly bought them as a spare pair, but tbh I think they’d be lying idle a few years, as current ones seem bombproof.

Fwiw I loved my vaults too, but they snapped a little prematurely tbh.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’ve had nanos and dmr vaults. The bearings in the vaults were made of cheese and were totally knackered after 900 miles, even with regular stripping, cleaning and re-greasing. The nanos on the other hand have never been touched and are well over 3000 miles and still going strong.
    My money would go on some more nanos.

Tracey

If I had bigger feet it would be Boomslangs. The grip is far better than any other pedal Ive tried

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need new Pedals’ is closed to new replies.