Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • need new car advice…
  • hot_fiat

Hey Alex, do you have the internal bike rack for the yeti? Is it any good?

stumpy01

Seat Altea??

joolsburger
    Free Member

2009 Honda FRV? Nice 6 seater, loads of room, bombproof and a little under your budget for the best ones available.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/honda/fr-v-2004/

markrtw
    Free Member

I don’t know if this is true for may models, but when I left work yesterday there was a Golf estate parked next to my Golf hatch (same model year)and there was hardly any difference in length (I had a double take as I had read this thread in the afternoon).
    Therefore if the Mrs does not want to drive an estate as it’s too big then surely it is just perception. (also the visibility out the back of the Golf estate is much better than the hatch as the hatch has huge C pillars).
    My Mrs (nervously) went from an Ibiza to an Audi estate and after a week no longer noticed the difference in size (though she did notice that people no longer pull out in front of her).

toby1

This may help sway the Mazda deal – good luck 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

this morning i asked her again why she wont consider an estate….her response was “old people drive them and i aint old….yet”….i mean, what can you say to that without being sarcastic?? 😯
    anyway seeing as she drives the car more than i do…i suppose i should really get her something she’ll feel comfortable driving…she wants a mini MPV as she likes the idea of the elevated driving position….personally i think she wants to be a soccermom…. 😕

jambalaya
    Free Member

@gonzy it is funny she thinks an estate is for old people but she wants a MPV ! As @markmtw says most estates are very similar length to the saloons, fwiw I’d much rather be in my a6 estate than an MPV 😉

Try and get her to have a look at Rav4, they are pretty compact and very practical, not so economical (older ones are great as seats totally removable so the interior is van like)

markrtw
    Free Member

Looking at this: RS6

OR

RS4

Definitely for old people…

gonzy
    Free Member

Try and get her to have a look at Rav4

i think she’s got her eye on the focus c-max, second choice is the mercedes b-class which doesnt offer as good a spec…i really wanted the skoda yeti but i’ve been put off by the lack of real space in the boot and the high prices of them…
    ideally we want a shortlist of 5 cars that we can then go look at….only 3 more to go!!

gonzy
    Free Member

spotted one of these at the weekend….wife likes it so looks like we’ll be getting it…all things going well hopefully by the weekend it’ll be ours…

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Tip-

if you have the AUX button on the ford stereo you can buy an adapter on ebay that plugs into the back and the other end plugs into an IPOD. (Only thing is it doesnt charge it)

gonzy
    Free Member

thanks for the tip…i think i spotted an stereo jack socket marked AUX on the centre console between the front seats…but to be honest i have a deep seated hatred for apple products…but i’ll gladly dust off the cd collection again so i can listen to them on the cd player…

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

don’t buy a vauxhall, they are bloody awful.

plus 1
    Especially the Astra. I actually had rather happy memories of my dad’s old MK2 that I learnt to drive in and razzed around for 4 years in .. the newer shape is sexy, true, but it’s not a very good bike car..
    ..Hatch door is awkward shape and quite narrow with all those attractive curves, boot space is actually rather small, seats don’t go proper flat when folded. Not a big deal for me as I run a roof rack but even a week long camping holiday for 2 adults means it’s a proper squeeze into the car if you still want to see out the back window like I prefer

and also a constant battle against little noises developing all over the place.
    In 10k miles(75k now admittedly) I’ve had main thermostat fail, Alternator fail, 2 road springs fail, near side track rod end on it’s way out and a random knocking-on-a-desk type noise at rush hour gridlock speeds that 2 garages can’t track down (but not the track rod)and seemingly not the suspension at all.

Brought mine in a rush back in December .. going to get rid of it once MOT’d and tax refreshed this winter.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Being an AUX input you will be able to connect any audio device with a headphone/audio out regardless of brand.. ..most Head units have audio inputs.
    Funny how to iPod/phone owners that connecting their devices to an amplifier seems like such an achievement.. Lol.

gonzy
    Free Member

random knocking-on-a-desk type noise at rush hour gridlock speeds that 2 garages can’t track down (but not the track rod)and seemingly not the suspension at all.

the current almera does that…if you go over anything bigger than a pebble at less than 40 and there’s a rattling noise from under the car…4 different garages over the last 3 years havent been able to source the noise…its not the suspension or the steering…but i’m not willing to wait for something to fall off or break to be able to figure out what it is….

spooky_b329

Bigkidnow… has it got a spare wheel, if so check it’s clamped tight and not wobbling about 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘need new car advice…’ is closed to new replies.