Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Need for Speed – SHIFT – on Xbox.. is it undrivable ?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Has anyone here got a copy, do you find the cars just a pile of shite to drive ?
    all the cars seem to steer from the back ? cannot get them round corners etc..
    Been using driving games for yrs – all other need for speed releases have been completed by myself.. this one – can not get started ?
    Enjoyment is almost zero.

sofaking
    Free Member

borrowed it off a mate for a few days and the handling is a bit pants compared to other decent driving games,
    trade it in and get dirt 2 if i was you

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

trade it in and get dirt 2 if i was you

My SIL has a copy of Dirt 2 and says its ace so will be having it sooner or later off him.

Having to drive SHIFT with all the girlie buttons and the cars as low as poss.. anaethetised version…

samuri
    Free Member

Just checking because I was about to buy shift tomorrow based on all the rave reviews people are giving it…. Are you guys really into your driving games? Or just out for a quick mess about? The impression I get is that shift is designed for people who really want to get into a driving game, taking agesw to master the controls and handling…

Can you, lets say, complete Forza 2 on the hardest level with all aids turned off?

ta.

sofaking
    Free Member

i have played quite a few driving games and would say i'm not bad, but usually play on normal rather than hard and manage to complete most titles

the handling on shift is very unpredictable, you go from sticking to the the track to sliding without any warning what so ever . I also found the AI a bit crap in that if you get yourself a few second lead then all of a sudden a few cars catch you up and leave you for dead and you cannot keep up with them even though your still driving at the same speed you were to go ahead in the first place.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I think you're right samuri, but Shift seems to take a lot longer than most.
    i only played Forza 2 on top level with all aids off, and it was fantastic (wish i still had my 360), but find Shift (ps3 version) very difficult, at about medium difficulty so far.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Samuri,

Good Luck taming this pile of shite 😉

(I went through loads of set up combinations both controller and in game tuning)
    I traded it in today and got Flashpoint..

stumpy01

I've not played this version of Need For Speed, but have found all the other versions to be a bit cak when it comes to how the cars behave.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Just checking because I was about to buy shift tomorrow based on all the rave reviews people are giving it…. Are you guys really into your driving games? Or just out for a quick mess about? The impression I get is that shift is designed for people who really want to get into a driving game, taking agesw to master the controls and handling…

Can you, lets say, complete Forza 2 on the hardest level with all aids turned off?

ta.

Have you brought it ? be interested to know if you have and how you find it..

samuri
    Free Member

No, you guy's comments put me off a little and I read around and while magazine reviews were usually quite high, users seemed to rate it a lot lower. I don't know if that's down to the majority of users wanting more of a jump in and play game or what but there you go. So then I noticed Forza 3 was almost out, did the same with that and the magazine and user reviews for that were consistantly high and I really liked Forza 2 so I've ordered that online and spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to even keep the leaders in sight in MotoGP 2008 at Champion level.

sofaking
    Free Member

there's a forza 3 demo on xbox live free to download

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Samurai,
    I think you did yourself a favour there, honestly, the games graphics are up there with the best, the refresh rate is ace, theres a lot to 'earn' with skill. but the actual driveability – no matter how good you may be – is frustrating, my SIL is very good at driving games and he handed the game back to me after a couple of days …
    Been on Dirt 2 today, now thats a driving game –

redthunder
    Free Member

You want:

Need for Speed II SE

The only decent version…. bit retro though.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

NFS2 SE, what a game. Many happy days spent getting monster air along the waterfront in the FZR 3000 – possibly the best car ever? Well, obviously 'cos its not real, but still…

redthunder
    Free Member

@kenneththecurtain

It was the best… specially the Ferrari F40 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Need for Speed – SHIFT – on Xbox.. is it undrivable ?’ is closed to new replies.