Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Need bargain disc brakes
  • z1ppy

Before I go and order some Avid 3 off of CRC, for a m8's cheapish build, anyone got a reason why not or an alternative?
    I know there not supposed to be the 'best' but they come complete @ a great price.

BTW I won't buy 2nd hand brakes, as currently have:
    two faulty sets of shimano front brakes (m8's),
    faulty rear Hayes solo,
    faulty set of Magura Louise,
    currently broke but maybe repairable Hayes 9 front…after I replaced the pistons
    and my Magura FR front brake is winging it way to the distributers to see if it can be repaired….
    oh and I really need to bleed another Hope M4 I own.

I'm getting the feeling hydro brakes servicing and me do not mix…

Paulio
    Free Member

Magura Julie HP's are about 60 quid an end. I bought them for my Roadrat but swapped the front one onto my Yeti when my M4 had a malfunction just before a ride. The Julie was excellent, I was really impressed.

A bit more on/off feeling than more expensive brakes but plenty of power and the caliper seems well put together. Super easy to bleed too. On the downside the master cylinder is a bit cheap feeling but the lever feels nice. I think they've got a 5 year warranty.

If the Juicy's are the £45 at CRC ones then that would be hard to turn down.

z1ppy

until I realise his forks are MX comp's which IIRC come with POST mounts…..ahhhhhh more **** around.

wors

just ordered some hayes hfx9 from crc £32 an end. Bargain!

z1ppy

yeah gunna get some Hayes for another m8, to replace some sticky ones he has (after spending £15 on a pistons for mine, and there still not working) but the Avid come complete with disc and mounts, the Hayes don't…. so for the 1st m8 the Avid look a better bargain (other than the post mount issue).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Need bargain disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.