Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Need advice on a speeding ticket?
  • MoreCashThanDash
    globalti
    Free Member

Lives in Cheshire? Holiday home in Vulgarsoch? Drives an ostentatious car? He’s one of the Vulgarsoch vulgar and he probably isn’t very bright. I used to have a colleague of the same ilk who was miffed that he had to drive a “poxy Audi A4” like the rest of us and declared that he wouldn’t be happy unless he had a “beemer” on his drive. He went to see the boss to demand a BMW, the boss refused so he walked out of an excellent job with fantastic prospects and security.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Obviously hoping to avoid a ban 98 vs 101, suitably expensive lesson

geoffj

Unless I read that wrong, he did avoid a ban – may not have been money totally wasted.

martinhutch

Bizarre. How can the prosecution can justify the 10 grand costs of hiring airfields and fast cars just because he questioned the accuracy of the in-car camera? Was there no admissible evidence of calibration already, and if not, why should a defendant pay for the palaver of obtaining it?

Sounds like a cock though, so not really bothered. 😀

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

why should a defendant pay for the palaver of obtaining it?

why not? If he was right, he wouldn’t have been liable for the costs. Tried to weasel out, failed, tough titty, boyo

hora
    Free Member

I’d like to know who defended him. Loophole attempt fail?

pk13

They made an example of him and someone got to hoon about in a a8 at his expense

sharkbait
    Free Member

How can the prosecution can justify the 10 grand costs of hiring airfields and fast cars just because he questioned the accuracy of the in-car camera?

Because they want to make sure you don’t mess with the Flintshire polis (they are pretty harsh from the accounts I’ve heard …. one of which was from a Flintshire policewoman who was done by her own colleagues because she didn’t have her police id car with her!)

Drac

How can the prosecution can justify the 10 grand costs of hiring airfields and fast cars just because he questioned the accuracy of the in-car camera?

Easy, it cost them £0.

Also if he’d won it would have opened up the case for those who were caught by the same car to appeal and likely be let off. Then there’s the risk that it would have a knock on effect of all cars fitted with the same device.

So £10k to do that was well worth it as he paid for it all.

mintimperial

Beautiful. 😀

Hope the stupid shit learned his lesson.

theotherjonv

LOL

I wonder if the solicitor who advised him to take them on came cheap too. Is there a professional obligation to tell him to suck it up or does there come a point where they say ‘look, it’s your money, do what you want!’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Need advice on a speeding ticket?’ is closed to new replies.