Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Need advice about tubeless tyres
  • spidersir
    Free Member

Hi

Im thinking off converting to tubeless tyres but have nerver tried it before. I have a fuel ex8 with Bontrager Duster wheels which are TRL but does that mean i have to buy TRL tyres or can any tyre work with these rims.

Thanks

acer2012
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware tubeless ready and UST will definitely work and most non-tubeless tyres tend to work. If the sidewalks seem very thin they they’re less likely to work.

spidersir
    Free Member

Thanks think i will give it a go. I haven’t decided what tyres to get yet

acer2012
    Free Member

In my case it saved about 110g from the outside of each wheel (where it’s worth the most) for about £20. Lighter, no punctures and lower pressures so more grip 🙂 . The only real downside is that it’s a faff if you’re a serial tyre swapper. Get the bead seated with a tube, let them down, take the tube out (only disrupt one side the bead) and fit the new valve. Cover the disrupted bead with soapy water and pump fast. Once it’s seated, let it down again and take the valve core out before adding however much sealant you want (probably 1-2 scoops of Stan’s). Pump it up again and shake it around well to stop any of the little hissy punctures you’re likely to have.

spidersir
    Free Member

I found a video on you tube that expains how the bontrager systems works http://youtu.be/9OjL25oM-EY. Im thinking of putting a 2.3 on the front and either keeping a 2.2 or try and get a 2.1 for the rear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Need advice about tubeless tyres’ is closed to new replies.