Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Need a wide, flat, polished silver, 25.4 bar
  • paulpalf
    Free Member

Title says it all really.
    I am building up a Salsa Vaya for commuting and touring, with a flat bar build.
    I need 25.4 because my bar bag clamp won’t fit on a 31.8 bar.
    I am trying to an all polished/chrome build on an orange frame.
    I can find a few with lots of sweep (On-one Fleegle, Surly torsion bar), but really I want to run stubby bar ends so would prefer something straighter.
    Anyone know if such a thing exists? Titec used to make silver flat-trackers, but have only made black recently.

Thanks
    Paul

flashes
    Free Member

Do the Titec Flat Trackers (black) come in 25.4?I can only find ’em O/S, I too want wide straight bars I can fit bar ends to.

Stoner
    Free Member

25.4mm fleegles in hi polish silver at Onone for £20 and you might find the extra sweep very comfortabel. I do.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBOOFPB/on_one_fleegle_pro_handlebar

Sam

The best option might be to find a ‘smooth anodised’ (i.e. not the bead blasted type finish) black bar which suits your needs then strip the anodising and polish it up.

tang
    Free Member

Got some surly nittos if you want them. Got them from Sam above!

Sam

So that’s where they went – I was looking for them recently 🙂

paulpalf
    Free Member

Thanks Tang, but I’m in Canada, probably not worth posting. Maybe I’ll try fleegle’s from on-one USA for now.

Stripping isn’t a bad idea. I just wonder if you strip off the ano whether the bare metal won’t tarnish? I know people do it to frames but I’ve never seen one in person.

Paul

tang
    Free Member

I stripped some element grey ano bars with some wet and dry and a scouring pad. ‘industrial’ would be the best description of the finish! I could go nuts to get a finish but it keeps the scheme going of you don’t look too hard!

flashes
    Free Member

Tang, I don’t suppose the Surly bars are black……….

tang
    Free Member

High polish I’m afraid

flashes
    Free Member

the search continues…………..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Need a wide, flat, polished silver, 25.4 bar’ is closed to new replies.