Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need a tiny cable stop for dropper post conversion
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Looking to adapt a gear cable to use with Thomson Covert dropper in conjunction with Spesh SRL lever – the latter being designed to use the end of the gear cable that the dropper already uses.
    I’ve seen a solution that would work, A la:

And I found another thread where a mechanics used one of these for a home brewed solution. Albeit this was for a trigger shifter conversion:

Anyone have any experience of this and know where to buy a similar cable stop? Ideally it would fit within the original recess on the lever but as that is a really small component I’d imagine a more realistic solution is as per first image above.

survivor

KS Dropzone posts use a similar cable stop to hold the cable in the lever at the top of the post. Is bigger than a normal cable stop but not by a massive amount.

South Coast suspension carry spares.

nemesis
    Free Member

Search on “cable grub screw” on eBay.

warpcow
    Free Member

Something like a “shaft collar” for RC-models should come in appropriate sizes.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Nice shout, I’ll google that too… Could be a risk though

warpcow
    Free Member

Aye, don’t forget the RC bit (maybe don’t just google “shaft model”).

BlobOnAStick

I converted a spare machanical level I had with the metal internals of a small electrical connector block – feed the cable though and tighten the grub screws.

Edit- having looked in more detail at the photo up there^^ you may have to cut it in half to work (and maybe trim the grub screw off once tightened……

Edit 2- I will not be held responsible for any blood-stained carpet if this goes wrong…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need a tiny cable stop for dropper post conversion’ is closed to new replies.