Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need a route in the lakes (Ullswater)……..
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Going up to centerparcs (whinfell forest)on friday……Need a new route in the area. I usually drive to Pooley Bridge and go down to Howtown and up to Barton Fell, Askaham and back down into Pooley. Fancy a change this time…15-20 miles….any ideas?

trailmonkey

The Ullswater singletrack route in the Vertebrae graphics book is fantastic.

BFITH
    Free Member

Trail monkey …whats the title of the book?

BF

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

High Street.

stevio

"Lake District mountain biking essential trails" wish i read mine properly before we went up Hellvellyn the wrong way 🙂

isbn 9780954813185

geetee1972
    Free Member

The singletrack that runs by the side of Ullswater, from Sandwick down to Patterdale (in that direction) is one of the best single bits of singletrack I've ever ridden.

You could do the Highstreet ride from Patterdale over to Martindale, then Sandwick and back again. It's a brilliant route though not much fun route finding in poor weather. The ride along the top is OK, more of a rite de passage ride than anything technically brilliant, but that stretch of singletrack back is just sublime.

BFITH
    Free Member

Stevio…whats the helvellyn route like?

Trekster

Bowderdale
    Cross Fell?

Stevio…whats the helvellyn route like?

hike`a bike tough.

Could go down to Keswick and do the Blencartha/Glenderterra/Skidaw YHA/Mosedale. Caldbeck Fells ride.
    Borrowdale Bash

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need a route in the lakes (Ullswater)……..’ is closed to new replies.