Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need a new shower…. recommend a supplier
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

MrsSb has had enough of our current shower and wants to change to a big walk-in type (actual tray, not wet room thingy). Any recommendations for who to look at (not cheap crap)?

BigJohn

I tend to use stuff from Alan T Carr. I have a local supplier who gives me a hefty discount from the catalogue prices (which are fairly keen to start with). The Technique range is good quality and value. See if they have a local stockist, or if they’ll deal direct. Another reason I use them is that most items are next day delivery.

johndoh
    Free Member

Find your local trade counter and talk to them – I found ours just as cheap as online and had the added benefit of being able to discuss what I wanted and get recommendations.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Picked up a huge tray off a trade seller on eBay, screen to match –
    Under £200 delivered next day.

cinnamon_girl

I’ve been sourcing Ideal Standard products from behind a keyboard. New offset quadrant shower tray and enclosure arrives next week. 🙂

Have had a walk-in shower without closing doors, ie two separate pieces of glass at the front, and found I got cold.

Edit: just to add that I’ve found both Tradetaps and Taps Empire to be competitive online.

Bimbler
    Free Member

+1 for your local plumber merchants trade counter, and never buy anything at catalogue price – these prices are just notional and there so your plumber can make extra on the supply and fit side.

blitz

We went to local plumbers merchant who recommended Lakes as a solid mid priced brand. He advised us to avoid the very cheapest but said these were well made and GVFM. Not had it too long but happy with it so far.

northernmatt

Lakes stuff is good. as blitz says avoid cheap, you get what you pay for innit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need a new shower…. recommend a supplier’ is closed to new replies.