Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need a new granny ring to cure my chainsuck.
  • dantsw13

Having just fitted a new chain, I appear to have classic chainsuck – new chain/worn chainrings.

This link sems to be a pretty good summary of the issue.

My Cranks are SRAM X0 26/39 GXP. Do I need a dedicated SRAM double 26 ring, or can I use any 26 tooth chainring?

Cheers.

MSP

I would stick with sram, so the ramps and pins all natch up.

markwalker
    Free Member

i run steel deore rings in the winter on the inner two and dont get barely any chain suck, the alloy rings are ba night mare in our mud 😆

hambl90
    Free Member

Peterpoddy has a 26t for sale , give him a shout.

dantsw13

Just ordered a replacement SRAM one for£20.

In case of future problems, can I run Non SRAM steel ones then, without any issues?

markwalker
    Free Member

you can mix other makes with shimano but not sure with sram ,i would imagine you can just make sure the chain ring bolts ate the same distance, it stopped my chain suck winter problems 😀

excitable1
    Free Member

i run steel deore rings in the winter on the inner two and dont get barely any chain suck, the alloy rings are ba night mare in our mud

This is where I believe my problems lie. SRAM set up has been a ferkin nightmare from day one.

I was suffering with loads of chain suck on a 3×10 so I swapped it to a 2×10 and put the SRAM 2x chain device on. That’s been a bag of sh1te, constantly jamming so I’ve just taken it off and put a Bionicle on.

No chain suck but now I’m struggling with alignment and loosing the use of either top or bottom rings on the cassette. Doing a strip and reinstall later this week. If that doesn’t work I’m swapping over to Shimano.

Note Shimano SLX on the HT. Never had a sniff out of that !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need a new granny ring to cure my chainsuck.’ is closed to new replies.