Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • need a fork guru(stiction issues)
  • adey205
    Free Member

anybody out there now much about marzocchi x fly forks?
    yeah i know they're old but i've not long cleaned them and put fresh oil in.
    the problem i've got is they are prone to being a bit (only way i can describe it is) notchy.
    any ideas?

harryparabolics
    Free Member

could try using some lube on the stanchions – manitou used to make suspension lube which works a treat on older forks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Any play in the bushings?

Did you clean them out when you changed the oil?

Assuming everything is fine, drop the lowers off again anf buy soem rock'n'roll super slick grease, its so slipery it slides off your finger whilst applying it! Smear liberaly over all moving parts, especialy the gap between the seals.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

A quick pre-ride solution is to gently pull back the top of the seal and dribble a little oil into the gap.

adey205
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon-
    they were cleaned thoroughly. no play in the bushings, in fact they're very good. any idea where i can get this grease.

retro83
    Free Member

any idea where i can get this grease.

http://tinyurl.com/2avrqos 🙂

Lionheart
    Free Member

We use this
    http://www.juicelubes.co.uk/fork-juice/
    works a treat

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am not convinced about using grease in forks. Is it safe on the seals? especially as marzocchi have full hydraulic seals

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

stanchion lube is good too, but the grease is better, just put some in my menjas and rewarded with forks so supple its unbelievable! Don't be fooled into using WD40/GT85/TF2 on stanchions, it actualy dries out the seals and increases friction as it displaces the oil and allows the microscopic irgularities on the surface ofthe stanchions and seals to push into each other rather than a thicker oil which would fill these up and let them slide past each other.

CRC sell rock'n'roll stuff, as do plenty of other places. They also do a super web grease which is good for bearings.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TJ,

Most places recomend one grease or another when servicing forks, this stuff and stentec own brand and RS's judy butter are all good examples.

adey205
    Free Member

rock an roll grease on order, will sort when it arrives.
    thanks for your help. will update soon.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fair enough TINAS – am I being confused by hydraulic seals on brakes being affected by some lubes?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘need a fork guru(stiction issues)’ is closed to new replies.