Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Neasden area, favour required
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Hopefully someone who travels through the Neasden area can help with this?
    Im trying to find out if a fire has taken place on the 1st November at a premises in Neasden, specifically Neasden Lane.
    I dont want to broadcast the full details on here, but if anyone lives near or travels along Neasden Lane, can they possibly drop me a mail (bigyinn AT outlook DOT com) and I’ll go into further detail off forum.

Many thanks

Pigface
    Free Member

Got a date for the fire?

bigyinn
    Free Member

1st November, in the evening, I did say that ^^^.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I should add its a business premises, rather than a residential property.

Pigface
    Free Member

OOps sorry 😳

Pigface
    Free Member

Nothing on my system that tells me there was a fire any of our people were informed about.

There could of been a fire but we the E.A. werent informed.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks for replying pigface
    Who or what is the EA?
    According to my customer their premises was “destroyed by fire”.

Pigface
    Free Member

Environment Agency, we usualy get informed about fires due to run off. I looked at local press no mention of it.

Cant garantee that there wasnt a fire but we werent told about it if there was.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thats really helpful, thanks.
    Given its a large car repair workshops & office, I would have thought the EA would have been notified, assuming the fire wasn’t just a smouldering paper bin.

disben

Nothing on London Fire Brigade Incidents
    and nothing on London Fire Brigade Twitter Feed.

Might be worth bearing in mind that day was a strike day so not the standard response to a fire.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks disben!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is there anyone who may go along Neasden Lane who could take a look at the premises to confirm if its closed due to fire damage?

allthepies
    Free Member

Can’t you just phone up playing as a potential customer and ask for directions to said location ? If it’s closed then they’ll tell you so,

sweepy
    Free Member

The only thing on fire was underpants from the sound of it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Eh?

sweepy
    Free Member

I was suggesting they may not have been telling you the truth.

oliverracing

Sorry don’t live in the area – but the top result on this google search suggests something may have happened but nothing too major (other than neasden lane being shut) on the 1st November, but saddly when you click on the link it say problem resolved

burchill
    Free Member

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DxyZ5bTSZzMJ:www.ealingtimes.co.uk/li/traffic.detail.8030390/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Neasden Lane both ways closed due to building fire at A4088 Dudden Hill Lane / Neasden Lane / Tanfield Avenue.

woody2000

Probably unrelated, and slightly out on the date but about halfway down this there’s mention of a workshop blaze in Neasden on the 3/11/14

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11575480.Fire_fighters_on_strike_again/?ref=mac

theotherjonv

Good googling!

Published Mon 3/11, but says the incidents happened ‘over the weekend’ – so very possibly on evening of Sat 1/11

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I should be going to the Sapcote trading estate in the next couple of days so I would be willing to take a look if it’s not to far from there & the traffic is not a nightmare as it often is.
    You can email me the details if you want to keep it off forum.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, that fire report fits in with the date etc.
    2unfit2ride, thanks very much for the offer, but I think I’ve got the answer I needed.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Neasden area, favour required’ is closed to new replies.