Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Nearest Welsh trail place to that London..
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Ideally easily doable in a day, any ideas?

Thanks.

Bosh
    Free Member

Cwmcarn. Doable in 1.5 hours 20 mins from the Severn bridge.

piha
    Free Member

Not a trail centre but I have done Talybont-On-Usk from Guildford in a day with a full days riding, left about 6;45am. The Gap ride is a little boring for some but it's easy to add on a few loops here and there to make it a big day out and you feel like you're out in the hills proper. Talybont is a nice village with good pubs for a post ride pint and feed.Get there early and you can park at the bottom of the trail that leaves the village up into the surrounding hills.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Why not try Forest of Dean for somewhere different??

Or Quantocks??

GTDave
    Free Member

Afan easily do-able in a day providing you leave Londinium sharp enough.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Afan easy in a day.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Would you really spend 5+hrs in a car to ride for 90 minutes? If so, why?

Go and try the new trails open now at Cannock Chase.
    Aston Hill just north of the M25, the North Downs, the Chilterns (Bucksoffroadsportive for a map), not trail centres but a better day out I'd wager you.

grumm
    Free Member

Ridiculous.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

We've headed to cwmcarn and back in a day from london.

To be honest its probably the easiest to get to.

Cannock Chase or Forest of Dean are no closer to drive to if you check on google maps.

xcstu
    Free Member

An early start but Afan is do able… did it a few weeks ago… full days ride too 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ti29er – Member

Would you really spend 5+hrs in a car to ride for 90 minutes? If so, why?

If you only ride for 90 mins then I wouldn't bother either.

I leave at about 6:30, arrive at the car park just before 9. Meet my mates, ride all day on various trails in both centres, have a nice lunch too. Leave about 5, home before 8.

Not too sure what the drama is there. Maybe you need to MTFU?

jedi

we used to drive to cyb ride all day and drive back

joolsburger
    Free Member

Been riding the north downs for years just fancied a change of scene. Afan sounds like a winner might have a go at that. Stayed in Talybont last year after Kyaking on the Wye, kids loved it good pubs too..Riding did look OK, just figured trail centre might be more easily accessable trails wise.

BigAirNig
    Free Member

No-one mentioned the Surrey Hills yet. Having lived in Surrey for 10 odd years now – I can't explain how I only just came across this area, but at least I have now……

Previously did a nice 18 plus mile ride out from Wye, Kent a few times (taken from an MTB mag many years back) but just tried the Surrey Hills and it was great. Going back tomorrow.

Go to Coldharbour/Leith Hill or Westcott in Surrey (a mile or so from Dorking) and explore …….

I was lucky and found Nirvana Cycles in Westcott who also do rides and they were about to go out on one (Wednesday) so I joined them for a few hours – nice guys and really good to have a guide.

I was amazed that Surrey had such climbs ….. lots of nice singletrack too….

joolsburger
    Free Member

North downs / Surrey hills is my local stomping ground been riding there for years, was there yesterday, I know my way around there very well!!

Just fancy a trip to Wales. I suppose it throws up the question of is it actually any better than my local haunt..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Nearest Welsh trail place to that London..’ is closed to new replies.