• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Near miss at Swinley yesterday – not the kind you might think…..
  • Legoman
    Free Member

I went for a blast round the purple at Swinley yesterday morning, lovely day & a great ride.
    Jumped in the car to head home, driving down the A332 dual carriageway (near the funny shaped roundabout at Bagshot Park for those that know it) and I meet some joker driving the wrong way up the dual carriage way!

Anyway, thankfully I was 1) not going too fast and 2) had my wits about me, so we both managed to stop.

How do some people get through the day…..

weeksy

Purple ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

purple = red + blue?

theotherjonv

I’ve had it happen before on the A31 hogsback. I saw him at a distance waiting to join from one of the left hand turnings (house or B&B i think). He started to pull out so i moved from the nearside to the outside to overtake and give him space to speed up only for him to turn into the outside lane the wrong way and head towards me!! Fortunately no-one else was about so i could move back into the nearside lane again.

Can only assume the same must have happened to you – i know the road you mean very well and i can’t for the life of me see how he’d get on it the wrong way at the roundabout, the way it’s shaped he’d be almost 180 degrees back on himself to get on the wrong way.

Rubber_Buccaneer

he’d be almost 180 degrees back on himself to get on the wrong way.

Many years ago I worked in an office on a roundabout near the Chichester Festival Theater. On a Thursday afternoon all the old biddies leaving the matinee were hilarious/scary to watch. Despite the entry to the roundabout being at an acute angle plenty would manage to start going around the wrong way.

Legoman
    Free Member

Yep, purple = blue-red-blue

He had indeed almost turned 180 degrees – it was in fact far harder to do the way get had, than to go the correct way.

kcal

I have had two brown trouser moments.

Once in East Kilbride, dark, rain (I think), was trying to navigate to mate’s house – the sign seemed to indicate his district was second left off the main road and somehow I ended up barrelling down the wrong way, in the face of oncoming traffic. A gap fortuitously appeared and I cut back into the correct LH lane. Was v v scary.

Second, I was just off a plane, with family, trying to navigate (having already got lost) through night time Geneva. Turn right at this junction said the navigator. I did, dual carriageway appears, I dutifully (it was a long day) I started to go into LH lane – to see headlights and shriek from passengers – again, snapped back into right, RH, lane. Another v close call …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Near miss at Swinley yesterday – not the kind you might think…..’ is closed to new replies.