Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • near coast camping?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

starting to think where we will go this summer.

pre-requisites…

by coast or near it.

not dorset, cornwall, norfolk coast,wales, nowhere above the lake district,
    kent probably a no go as ots a bit of a jaunt,(been done/midges/welsh). 😉

we are a mature, well she is, i’m a big kid, couple, she likes to have good amenities, so not a site full of families and kids would help.

reasonable on cost.

Moon on a stick?

parkesie
    Free Member

Bont du. Small site has a shower a bog and a sink. Even some power points. It’s in the estuary with views of cadaer idris and you can have fires.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Bont du

cheers bab,…i did say not wales, but looks interesting? We stayed in wales near cadaer itself two years ago and the midge count was high. So she is determined no midges, so if i mention wales the red mist descends! 😐

gobuchul
    Free Member

I may be repeating myself – but what about Northumberland?

Beadnell

http://www.meadowhead.co.uk/Waren-Home

http://www.springhill-farm.co.uk/

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Tah, she wants to visit edinburgh too, so that could be a nice day trip.

cheers.

wiggles
    Free Member

I know you said not Wales…

But 3 cliffs bay is good, I have pitched my tent 5 foot from the edge of the cliff and had the best view ever, beach is a bit hard to get down to but as a result is basically deserted.

Worth a look.

40mpg

New Forest has a selection of campsites from the Forest ones (limited/ no amenities depending which one) to a range of private ones from small field back of a pub to nearly-Butlins. Lots of beaches too from small secluded pebbled ones to the Sands of Bournemouth all within 20 mins.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm, if you come to the NF you’ll need to factor in 4hrs in a queue to get through Lyndhurst 😆

40mpg

Yes there is that. Stay away! Then less queues for us locals!

*Other roads are available

cloudnine
    Free Member

Pembrokeshire.. full of english people anyway

mildbore

Love the way you don’t want Wales so that is what most are suggesting. Here’s my 2 midge free coastal Wales suggestions. Newgale in Pembrokeshire is right on a lovely beach that’s good for bodyboarding and surfing and with some spectacular clifftop walks. There are also several sites in the Gower that overlook/are close to the beach/sea

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘near coast camping?’ is closed to new replies.