Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • NE riders an open invite for Saturday err Tomorrow.
  • Drac

Ok thought I’d open this ride up, I’m riding Saturday at Alwinton with a few friends. We’re doing the big loop featured in ST last year, well a version of it and thought I’d open the invite up.

We’re meeting at 10am and will be grouping up near the parking at the stream as you come in to Alwinton, the official car park is through the village on the right.

Drac

Crafty bump with the route.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34212910

cinnamon_girl

I’m not jealous, really I’m not. 🙁

Have a terrific ride and hope weather is good for you. Sounds a very tough route and shall look forward to seeing some pics. 🙂

Drac

Just having my breakfast, it’s a cracking route nice amount of climbing rewarded with some big descents. I’ll try to pack the camera if I get the chance but running late already.

Next time your holidaying up here give me a shout.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks Drac. 🙂

So … how did it go today?

Drac

Great ride thanks but very, very wet on the ground as it crosses a lot of peat bogs on that ride it was like riding on wet mattresses so my legs soon suffered. We also had to miss out Windy Ghyle as one of the lads needed back in good time.

No photos I’m afraid I took the camera but never bothered in the end.

And your welcome.

user-removed
    Free Member

Managed to miss the OP – had a grand old walk round Allendale though (albeit with a bunch of folk who turned out to be affiliated with an odd church, though to their credit, they didn’t try to ‘turn’ us).

That said, please do feel free to PM me for the next ride – I’ve been off the tabs for a couple of months and all my riding mates have gone out and bought road bikes – sick of solo, local loops 🙁

Drac

Can user-removed no problem at all, I might be out Monday but we certainly have plans for Saturday or Sunday too. I don’t worry we always wait for everyone and it’s usually me at the back on the climbs these days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘NE riders an open invite for Saturday err Tomorrow.’ is closed to new replies.