Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New DH Goggles Needed
  • mikey74
    Free Member

First and foremost: I wear glasses, contacts are not an option, so don’t even go there 😀

I’ve been using Oakley L-frames for years, which just work. I’m tempted to get another pair, but I have also found options from 100% and Scott, and fancy a change. Any experiences of any alternatives to the Oakleys?

My helmet is a Bell Transfer 9.

Cheers.

deviant
    Free Member

I have no idea if they work with glasses but I’ve always just used my dirt bike goggles on DH stuff, they’re by Dragon and price anywhere from £30 – £150 and seem unbreakable.

handyandy
    Free Member

100% are hugely popular it seems, though I have no experience of using them myself. A friend has a couple of pairs and loves them, especially the range or replacement lenses available.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I use 100% accuri with contact lenses. Sitting here looking out the window at the rain, ive just tried them on with specs, not that comfortable. Also the lenses scratch real easy, but i suspect thats the same with most makes.

honourablegeorge

Find the 100% ones really good, and ace va

mikey74
    Free Member

I use 100% accuri with contact lenses. Sitting here looking out the window at the rain, ive just tried them on with specs, not that comfortable. Also the lenses scratch real easy, but i suspect thats the same with most makes.

They do “over the glasses” specific ones, that have slightly different dimensions.

Lenses: My Oakley lenses scratch really easily as well. It doesn’t even need to be wet and after a days riding the lenses are scratched. It’s even worse when wet.

CraigW
    Free Member

I was looking at Smith Optics, they have some designed to fit over glasses (models named OTG). Though I can’t find many UK sellers for them.

mikey74
    Free Member

I was looking at Smith Optics, they have some designed to fit over glasses (models named OTG). Though I can’t find many UK sellers for them.

That is an issue as spare lenses need to be readily available.

Euro
    Free Member

Oakley Crowbars were the best fit over for my specs. Tight enough to stop any giggling about but no added pressure on the nose bridge and decent ventilation.

coatesy
    Free Member

Got a set of Smith OTG here, work fine, bought from MRM Motocross in Risca (just down the road from Cwmcarn), also have Bolle Blast Foam Vented which seem very similar, but bought from Buck&Hickman (branches everywhere), for probably 1/3rd of the cost as they don’t pretend they’re specially made for sports 🙂

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I use Thor… Cheap to buy and lenses are cheap to replace

Northwind

I was going to say Crowbars, because the “enduro” lens is genius (it’s a double-glazed lens similiar to a snow lens, but designed for pushbikes- almost completely does away with steaming up). But now I can’t find any for sale…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New DH Goggles Needed’ is closed to new replies.