Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • natural ride from Innerleithen?
  • nosedive
    Free Member

I'm planning a trip to Inners and GT, I want to mix up the trail centre stuff with a natural ride. Can anyone point me to a resource for a suggested route? I have an old article from MBR but it just lists place names, I'm after a route map or something ideally

thanks in advance!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Gypsy Glen or the Southern upland Way would fit your bill.

When are you up, the best resource would be a local with knowledge?

nosedive
    Free Member

thanks, not up until June! just wishing the winter months away…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    churcherian
    Free Member

Yep, there is plenty in the gap between Inners and Selkirk that the Merida marathon uses. When you do the red at Inners and reach the high spot on the top of Minch Moor join the Southern Upland way and head up towards the 3 Bretheren etc. Views can be awesome on a good day!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gypsy Glen is a nice ride – there are variations on the route here is one http://www.mtb-borders.com/gypsy_glen.html

I usually do the climb thru cardrona forest ( a bit to the west of the marked route on this map) and don't bother with the stuff north of the road. I can give you a memory map of the route I take if its any use.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Email me and I'll send you a few decent routes around Innerleithen and Peebles.

Live locally so can give you some other info if required

cheers

nosedive
    Free Member

that's genius, thanks everyone, and especially tandemjerry for the map. Will decline the multimap though thanks, I'm still working from paper

robgarrioch

This page from an earlier thread has a great gps-on-OS Map courtesy of HouseHusband, 2/3 of the way down – think it's the same route as TJ's; Gypsy Glen being the section on the south of the river.

nosedive
    Free Member

tiggs – YGM, thanks

alfabus
    Free Member

tiggs, I'd be interested in those too (honeymoon in scotland to plan!).

YGM

cheers,
    Dave

nosedive
    Free Member

I hope your wife rides bikes otherwise it could be a short marriage!

alfabus
    Free Member

she does… and she's a lot fitter than me :o) I win all the downhills, she wins all the uphills.

Dave

br
    Free Member

Peebles to St Marys' Loch (cafe/inn at the bottom) across the old drove road, and then back on the Southern Upland Way is a good day out.

Minch Moor to the 3 Breathern is good.

chickenman

My prefered variation on Three Bretheren is to take the back road, then cycle track along to pick up the SUW at Yair House and to follow that back to the top of Minch Moor and the xc route home.
    The Innerleithen, "Glen", Stake Law and Gypsyglen one is dead pretty, but involves some pushing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘natural ride from Innerleithen?’ is closed to new replies.