Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • National Space Centre. highly reccomend
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Been today, and was a cracking day out. Kids loved it. Information overload has somewhat fried my brain tho 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

Leicester?

wrightyson
    Free Member

That's the one. Really easy to find and only 10 mins off the m1

Junkyard
    Free Member

what age are your kids mine are 5 and 4 would it be OK?
    They are into space and quite knowlegable – like a father would say they were anything else eh

wrightyson
    Free Member

Kids are 8 and 5. The 5 yr old did start getting a bit fed up towards the end but we had done 4 hrs in there! 8 yr old loved it especially as she was tall enough to go on the simulator which was great fun.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I was in the Science Museum (That London) recently.

I wish I was 8 years old again…

wrightyson
    Free Member

That's definately on the list! I was 10 when I last went!

Talkemada
    Free Member

I always enjoyed the Science museum when I was young, but have preferred the Nat Hist as I've got older. Until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't been in the Science for years. Popped in to have a quick butchers – oh my Lord. Amazing. All sorts of new exhibits, loads of info about stuff, shiny bits of engineering, spaceships, steam engines, the lot! And a new section dedicated to F1 technology.

I'm going back soon, that's for sure! Get out of my way small children!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Took Josh there last September as birthday treat (8th birthday, absolute space crazy child).

Full day spent there, interactive stuff galore for kids & adults. Well worth it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gotta get to London soon, just for those two places. Am I right in thinking they're also free to get in?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Yes, free!

Personally, I'd be happy to pay to get in, and always leave a few quid in the collection box. Well worth it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

National Space Programme – non existent.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Good, because it'd be a complete waste of money. All the Space Race brought us was Lycra, Teflon and a pen that can write upside down.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"a pen that can write upside down."

<putsHandUp>I have one of those!</putsHandUp>

How about scrapping the National Space Centre? All it does is inspire the kids to explore space. Cough cough hypocrite cough.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘National Space Centre. highly reccomend’ is closed to new replies.