Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Narrow wide chainrings hope vs raceface
  • solidrooster
    Free Member

Looking to go down the single ring route. Are these more or less the same, or is one better than the other? Would be a 32t on slx double crank.
    Thanks

stuarthatfield
    Free Member

I use superstar not worn one out yet .

curvature
    Free Member

I would have sworn by the Hope version but put a Superstar one my son’s bike and was impressed. He may be only 9 but has never dropped the chain once.

When Superstar were doing one of their silly offers I bought another two and now have one on my Ibis Ripley.

They seem well made and well priced!

ads678

I’ve got a RF on my HT, a Hope on my FS and my lad has a Superstar one on his bike. TBH they all seem as good as the other. Pick which ever colour suits!!

whitestone
    Free Member

Had both Hope and RaceFace, not had any chain drop in two years. Get whichever takes your fancy, they seem much of a muchness really.

You will get more rapid wear since you aren’t sharing it across two or three chainrings.

jakd95
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with either of my Works Components rings and they’re a touch cheaper than the Hope or Race Face. Not as cheap as Superstar though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had the hope till it wore out, now on the race face. Both fine both good

otsdr
    Free Member

I’ve had two Hope 30t ones, now I’m on a 32t Absolute Black. The Hopes got noisy quite fast (~1000km), but maybe it’s just because they were smaller.

Praxis Works do a steel 32t, but I havent’ tried it yet.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Rental all the way for me. More retention than cheaper ones I’ve previously used.

rOcKeTdOg

this is my hope one after about 18 months use in all conditions, pretty good over that timescale i thought

transporter13
    Free Member

Used hope 32t superstar 30+32t as well as uberbike 30+32t

All as good as each other

mahalo

go oval while your at it…

otsdr
    Free Member

@rocketdog: That’s some serious shark finning! Mine look brand new in comparison.

cp

Hope and superstar here. No difference in function, and I’m yet to drop a chain on either.

milky1980
    Free Member

I killed my Hope one in 5 months, mainly due to running it in gritty, wet areas ie Wales 🙂 Got to the point of the teeth just being a wave pattern round the ring and the chain jumping like hell, but then I was seeing how long I could make it work for. rocketdog’s picture was about a month’s worth of use for me!
    The Uberbike one that replaced it lasted a similar amount so I now just go for the cheapest I can find and stock up with 2 or 3 when there’s a silly deal on. Might try the Praxis Works steel one for the winter though.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have not had any probs with RF or Hope both very durable 2nd RF especially so despite frequent intense neglect. Have also got an e13 on one bike it’s exceptionally circular and feels very smooth. Wil be giving Renthal a go next

poah
    Free Member

buy which ever one has the colour you want for the cheapest price unless you’re a hope fan boy then get the purple hope one lol

rOcKeTdOg

otsdr – Member

@rocketdog
    : That’s some serious shark finning! Mine look brand new in comparison.

As I said, two winters & about 3000 miles on a fatbike
    And I will say in all that time it’s not dropped the chain once & I have a non clutch mech fitted

qwerty
    Free Member

Aye go oval, if anything it’ll help narrow your search!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Narrow wide chainrings hope vs raceface’ is closed to new replies.