Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Naomi Campbell gets apology from Cadbury over 'racist' ad
  • SD-253
    Free Member

Chocolate giant Cadbury has issued an apology to Naomi Campbell over an advertising campaign which the supermodel described as “racist”.

The ad for Dairy Milk Bliss featured the strapline, “Move over Naomi, there’s a new diva in town,” but was quickly taken out of circulation after Campbell complained.

The supermodel said she was “shocked” by the “insulting and hurtful” ad and threatened to sue the company.

Well I wouldn’t have known that was racist if Naomi had said so…does that mean I am racist…….well I am White!

jon1973
    Free Member

she’s not the sharpest tool in the box.

RobHilton
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

she’s not the sharpest tool in the box.

Toolist!

chewkw
    Free Member

She’s a tool. 😆

andylaightscat
    Free Member

is coz black people eat chocolate too ???

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Get a grip stupid idiot woman chucking ‘phones at people’s heads.

I wish someone would chuck a phone at your head. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah well maybe someone’s gonna throw a fridge at your stupid fayt head… 😡

Probbly just bounce off, causing a hollow ‘bong’ sound.

My mate’s missus had bad PND. She would regularly throw full nappies at him, and left him scarred after lobbing a heavy glass ashtray at his head. She was a proper good shot.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im with Elfin on this. She’s just not worth listening to whatsoever. Did she ever got done for accepting blood diamonds as a gift?
    Hateful spoilt bint.
    And thats not racist, thats a FACT.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

If they had been advertising white chocolate, would it have been racist?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The ‘racism’ bit is completely irrrelevant. The ad was pulled after Cadburys admitted that it did refer to Naomi Campbell. Spose t’was the ‘diva’ bit that was deemed to be a bit much. Racism has absolutely nothing to do with it, despite what that mad cah sez.

Oh teh ironing… 🙄

I would pay good money to see women with PND throw full nappies at Naomi Campbell’s head.

And at DD’s…

carlos
    Free Member

It’s cos its Milk Chocolate and not Dark

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Racism has absolutely nothing to do with it, despite what that mad cah sez.

To be fair it’s not only the mad cah (very sexist of you btw Elfie) who’s claiming it’s racist – she has the support of the Politically Correct Brigade :

Cadbury’s insult Naomi Campbell and Black women

Quote :

“This issue is not just about the insult to Naomi Campbell. She is entitled to be offended, but it’s also about how these companies treat Black people in general. Part of the problem is that they don’t see it as offensive, maybe because their managements are almost always all white”

It’s a tough life being a supermodel……….maybe if Naomi Campbell didn’t have black skin she might have been more successful in her chosen profession ?

You can’t begin to fathom the contempt I feel for the PC Brigade and the damage they cause to the struggle against real racism.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lord above.

If I ever see that stupid idiot woman, I’m gojng to poo in my own hand and throw it in her face.

Or, firmish poo in a catapult. Like a paintball, only a poo-ball. Splat! Take that Naomi you stuck up hypocritical cah!

Or even better, make some paintballs using poo and get a paintball gun I’ll stop now probbly too much.

enfht
    Free Member

What was the apology actually for, offending her or for racism?

wallop

She just loves being in court, that one.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What was the apology actually for, offending her or for racism?

It was “intended as a tongue-in-cheek play on Campbell’s reputation for diva-style tantrums and behaviour”.

Unfortunately the ad company presumably forgot about her “diva-style tantrums and behaviour” ……. so they had to apologise.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Her brain is broken

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

This is purely about Cadbury’s capitalising on Naomi’s image, something which I reckon she feels only she should profit from. Fair enough, although she’s used the media to get where she is. But to cry ‘racism’ in this way is disgusting. Scumbayg.

Can’t stand the woman. Nasty horrible cah. Saw her in some interview recently; you’d never believe she was from Sarf London. A more pretentious person you couldn’t hope to meet. Such an utterly false and contrived personality. At least you can still believe Kate Moss is from Croydon…

duntmatter
    Free Member

So the allegation of racism is supposed to be because Cadbury tried to say Campbell is like a chocolate bar? Ridiculous. They tried to say their chocolate was like a diva. 🙄

I don’t think there’s any ‘brigade’ out there, but this is a non-story, and free promo for crap chocolate and a hateful model. While I’m on a roll, the way she treats people suggests to me that she doesn’t care about racism, just anything that gets in her way.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m going to buy loads of New Cadburys Diva Bars and sit eating them whilst shouting racial abuse at pictures of Naomi Campbell on tinternet.

But in the interests of fairness, I will use racially offensive words and language which isn’t purely specific to people of Afro-Caribbean origin. Or Sarf Londoners. I will try to be as inclusive in my prejudice as possible.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

crap chocolate

I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but I hope to get a bar tomorrow. What didn’t you like about it ?

This is the advert btw (apologises for being unPC and posting racist material):

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Move over Naomi, there’s a new Viva in town!

I spose that’s probbly racist too. Oh whell. I’m broke anyway so it can’t get any worse. Bring it on you litigious cah!

Gary_C

Wow!! A Vauxhall Viva, the first car I ever drove….

samuri
    Free Member

he he, way to go marketing people at Cadbury’s. Releasing an advert that they knew would create a furfor was a great idea. Well done.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Interestingly the advert makes no mention of Naomi Campbell, presumably she feels that she is the only Naomi worthy of being called a ‘diva’…..a proper prima donna by any standards.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The Vauxhall Viva is one of the reasons I will never buy a Vauxhall, that plus the Chevette and the ridiculously dangerously handling Corsa I hired.

yossarian
    Free Member

Ah is that why the milkybar kid is a honky?

<gets tearful>

It’s all around us man

trailmonkey

there is a pattern developing. that caramel bunny was kind of caramel coloured 💡

MrsToast
    Free Member

At primary school I had a friend who was the only black kid in our year – and the only other black kid in the school was her older brother. Some of the more repellent children used to call her worm head (because of her braids) and chocolate face, so I can see why people might find it offensive.

I can’t understand though… why on earth would anybody want their product to be associated with or seen as the next Naomi Campbell? I don’t want my chocolate bar to be a hateful self-obsessed coke-snorting witch. I want it to a be a tasty chocolate bar. With no calories, thanks. Saying that your bar is a diva makes me think that you’ll pay loads of money, eat it and everything might be fine, but there’s a chance it’ll object to being in your stomach and will violently make an exit….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ys, it’s not really a good name for a chocolate bar is it? 😐

What about ‘Dave’? That’s a nice name, and surely it coon’t offend anyone?

samuri
    Free Member

Daveist!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

the real Cadbury’s Caramel bunny…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Naomi Campbell gets apology from Cadbury over 'racist' ad’ is closed to new replies.