Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nant yr arian conditions?
  • devs
    Free Member

Heading down for my annual 2 week visit to Eng and Wales tomorrow. Anyone know what the conditions are like on the syfindrin trail at NyA? This time last year it was wheel deep puddles in places!

dreednya

Sounds like the conditions I rode round in last Thursday 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Stop being a wuss, a bit of water never hurt anyone!

coatesy
    Free Member

It was like that when I rode it during a heatwave too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

coatsey +1

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

The husband of a woman who was here training yesterday went and rode Nant … came back very wet and muddy BUT with a great big smile on his face 😉

dreednya

Some vids from Thursday night
    Moorland double track
    Hafan descent
    Italian Job
    Hippity hop

so as you can see it is riding well 🙂

devs
    Free Member

Stop being a wuss, a bit of water never hurt anyone!

I'm from Scotland. We're not used to wet, I need to mentally prepare myself for it.

Good speed dreednya but definite obstacle avoidance going on on the Italian Job 🙂 Looks slightly drier than the last time I was there. I guess it will be tues before I get there. Looking fwd to it.

dreednya

Always rides well even when wet, which is a testament to the trail builders 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

The Leg Burner will help you dry off…

devs
    Free Member

Well I've done NyA and CyB so far. NyA does not drain well at all and was very wet and muddy. CyB Beast is much drier. Not decided between NyA again tomorrow or Climachx and Mach3. It'll all boil down to what I have for brekky and whether the sun is shining or not. Gonna do Marin and Penmachno on Saturday. Cadair Idris on Sunday if I'm not to knackered. May have to check out Afan next week with some Peak and Cannock action on the way back North. The Leg Burner is over rated as a climb I reckon. CyB Beast and the Syfindrin trail at NyA have much tougher climbs.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Must agree about the leg burner … I can never understand why it 'bothers' people so much. If you do the Mach' 3 take a proper map, I noticed some of the signs have been moved due to felling operations, it makes a change from them been removed / changed for a laugh though!

loddrik
    Free Member

I'll agree the leg burner isn't that tough, just long, and the cafe climb at cyb is harder. The first time I did the leg burner it was just I had no idea it was there so it surprised me, it's quite enjoyable if you like climbing.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"The Leg Burner is over rated as a climb I reckon"

I don't rate it at all; it's just a way of regaining all that lost altitude in one go. There's no challenge to it apart from selecting a low gear and zoning out. Unless you're racing of course.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nant yr arian conditions?’ is closed to new replies.