Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nant yr Arian closure
  • martyn748
    Free Member

Hi I hope some one can help.
    I see the Mask of Zorro is shut at Nant yr Arian and we had planned to ride there for a long weekend next Friday.
    1: is it still worth going as we love that trail??
    2: or is it not really that shut?? 😉

thanks for your advice

ichabod
    Free Member

Mask of Zorro is the best bit – IMHO not worth going without it. I would go to machynlleth instead personally – the main downhill there is great!

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh bollocks, was going to head up there next week. Haven’t been for ages.

beefheart
    Free Member

I was there a couple of days ago, and it is closed from the outward stretch towards mask of zorro, including the leg burner climb.
    The sign says it’s supposed to repen in Mid March, so shouldn’t be too much longer.
    There are still plenty of other trails up there.

wrecker
    Free Member

There are still plenty of other trails up there.

?

mtbmattie
    Free Member

I rode there last Friday, there was a sign saying the felling would be finished by mid-March, so we carried on down Mask of Zorro. There was some Heras fencing across the bottom of the Leg Burner, so we took a right turn after going over the stream at the bottom of the Leg Burner which takes you to the A44 and cycled back up the road to the Car Park and back up the fire road to do the last swoopy descent!

martyn748
    Free Member

So the Mask of Zorro is clear to ride then? Cheers Mattie

Any one been over the weekend??

rhid

I was there Friday and can confirm that the leg burner climb is closed. I know this was the case on friday as I rode to the bottom of the leg burner climb and found it closed. Zorro was completely clear too.

I back tracked all the way back the way I came and rejoined the trail to do the Pendam loop.

To be honest the signage isn’t good. It said on the sign tree work would be finished on the 18/03. I think more effort could have been made to make people aware that the trail was still closed a week later (it was a sunny very busy bank holiday weekend and there were a lot of riders in NYA). I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to fall foul of the closure!! I did meet another group of riders who were about to start the Mark of Zorro too, just coming off the new bit of trail there.

maxray
    Free Member

Did the summit trail this morning and didn’t notice anything closed off. Was lovely, no one else there 🙂

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Awesums… 😀

Hoping to hit it on Friday, if I can shift this sodding headcold. 😕

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nant yr Arian closure’ is closed to new replies.