Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Nant Yr Arian – any good?
  • miles929
    Free Member

Wondering about a visit there next feb, anyone been?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes and yes.
    Lovely riding.

miles929
    Free Member

what would you say its similar to?

Matt_SS_xc

not similar to anywhere, just brilliant. Smooth super fun singletrack, flow-tastic with a nice little wide bit with views to remind you that your mountainbiking. one of my places to go to if i want to guarantee a fun ride.

advocake
    Free Member

going again this weekend. grin-tastic 🙂

mikeclarke
    Free Member

both trails there are sweet, also great trails out back towards mach

miles929
    Free Member

ive heard ridden mach, climachx is an incredible trail. so nant sounds like a win 😀

SOAP
    Free Member

Really enjoyed our ride there 🙂 id recommend taking waterproof shoes/boots if your gonna ride the Syfydrin Trail had mahoooooosive puddles when we rode it.
    If you are there for a few days go ride the Climach X trail short and sweet but one hell of a final decent.

slowboydickie

Its my fave trail centre. Absolutely superb fast singletrack. Nice real mountain feel rather than trail centre. Doooooo it!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Mark of zorro section is superb ! 😀

deluded
    Free Member

I agree with slowboydickie – there are aspects of it that make you forget that it’s a trail centre (not that, that’s a bad thing). Underrated in my opinion.

soulboy
    Free Member

My favourite trail centre. The Syfydrin has wide open spaces, fun singletrack and the inevitable fireroad climbs. There’s a good car park and cafe, too. Give it a try: you won’t be disappointed. Here’s a clip of the grin-tastic ‘Mark of Zorro’:
    http://vimeo.com/22890574
    (Cheers for vid, G!)

Klunk
    Free Member

aim to finish before 2pm so you can watch the red kites being fed.
    great trail as well.

snowpaul
    Free Member

Very nice, watch for the kites. superb xc riding

good riding in powys in general

paul

RobHilton
    Free Member

Oh yes! Can’t go there enough for fun XCness.

Well worth getting down to the hide at Kite feeding time.

lucien

Go, go, go, go, go, go – Mark of Zorro is awesome.

The long Syfydrin trail was wet when I went a couple of weeks ago, but plenty of ways to get around – It’s a combo of completely natural riding (ups and downs) and man made trails. Hippity Hop does it for me every time, and you can ride back round and do it again, and again, and again.

For me, it’s either the best or close to the best trail centre I’ve been to – largely due to the mix of natural and man made trails.

Oxboy
    Free Member

A favourite trail for me and the lads! Theres a couple of wooden parks and a nature trail for the kids to play on. Oh and don’t miss the Red Kites!

Very well set up trail and centre 😀

AirconAde
    Free Member

A super, quiet, cracking trail that’s WELL worth a visit. As has been said it makes you remember what is good about biking.

simontee
    Free Member

Probably my favourite trail, with a great mix of trail types. Unusual in that you start near to the highest point, climb slightly before some great descending. When you eventually get to the bottom there is a long fireroad climb, but the final section through the trees is brilliant. Top up on cake at the cafe then go round again and try and beat your best time.

miles929
    Free Member

sounds great, cheers for the opinions everyone 😀

souldrummer
    Free Member

My favourite centre in Wales. Some bits are so great you want to ride them again and again. Couple of fairly dull sloggy climbs but they pale into insignificance when you consider the place as a whole. We stayed at a great hotel at Devils Bridge last time we went if you are looking for one.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think so

dreednya

As I only live literally down the hill from Nant, I can only agree with the above comments 🙂 . Some of the puddles on the longer route do seem to have deepened recently, on one night ride they were definitely over the power bulges on my Revs 😮

pistonbroke
    Free Member

We go to Nant Yr Arian a lot, the comment about getting back for the Kite feeding reminds me of my (blonde) wife asking why they changed the feeding time from 3 to 2 pm after the end of October. I had to explain that the Kites don’t have a watch so are unaware of the clocks going back and come at the same time every day. 🙄

monksie
    Free Member

Does anybody know what the cycle from Abergavveny (sorry for the bobbins spelling) train station to the trail centre is like?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

If you mean Aberystwyth (Abergavenny is about 80 miles) it’s 10 miles up the A44 or a bit longer if you take the quiet lanes following Sustrans route 82 up Cwm Rheidol or to the North of the A44 through Capel Dewi and pick the Syfydrin trail up above Old Goginan, either way is very scenic.

monksie
    Free Member

😳 That’s the one, thank you. Is the A44 suicidal or quite doable?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

A44 after Capel Bangor is fairly suicidal, with a quite a few blind bends, some chunky great hairpins and heavy traffic, all whilst climbing~ quiet routes for the win.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Nant Yr Arian – any good?’ is closed to new replies.