Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Nandos afficianados
  • xcgb
    Free Member

What should i order in Nandos? never been before I guess chicken is likely but which one……..

Cougar

Quite partial to their veggieburger myself. Extra hot, no mayo, with chips. Thanks.

bigG
    Free Member

Ask if you can choke your own before they cook it.

I’d steer clear of their non chicken related menu.

xcgb
    Free Member

mmmmm I like a veggieburger too any one else?

trail_rat
    Free Member

dunno but i was kinda glad of the hot sauce to kill my taste buds – perhaps just the one in union square but seemed tough chewy overcooked or reheated chicken imo ….but then i dont like any of my meat cooked to within an inch of catching on fire 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Half chicken hot for me. The chips and rice are lovely, but if you order macho peas instead it’s idave compliant.

_tom_
    Free Member

Medium chicken burger with chips and coleslaw 🙂 Add a bit of the hot sauce to the chips.

ransos
    Free Member

Add as much chilli sauce as you can, that way you’ll disguise the flavour of their vile food.

xcgb
    Free Member

Is the chicken burger a bit tasteless like they can be sometimes like KFC?

xcgb
    Free Member

Add as much chilli sauce as you can, that way you’ll disguise the flavour of their vile food.

Thats the kind of review I like!, trouble is its not my choice of venue, its my Nieces birthday

fuzzhead
    Free Member

whole chicken hot with rice and coleslaw

or a double chicken breast pitta

retro83
    Free Member

Chicken in pitta with ratatouille and chips as sides. Peri Peri salt on the chips and garlic and herb sauce in the pitta. Om nom nom…

ton

chicken pitta thing, with humous and olives.

legend
    Free Member

Vile food? It’s chicken with a sauce over it, and has worked fine every time i’ve been.

Get peri-peri salt on the chips…….. yum!

randomjeremy
    Free Member

What an awful “restaurant” – poor food and you have to collect your own cutlery. No idea why it’s so popular.

ransos
    Free Member

Vile food? It’s chicken with a sauce over it, and has worked fine every time i’ve been.

Chicken piri piri is a lovely dish, but has very little in common with the muck they serve in Nando’s.

legend
    Free Member

Which bit’s muck? The simple chicken or the simple sauce? As I said before, my (obviously uneducated) taste buds have never had any issues with Nando’s

richmtb

I go for half a chicken extra hot with rice and chips.

If you like chicken you will like Nando’s

iainc

I quite like it, as do the family. hot half chicken and add hotter sauce !

ransos
    Free Member

Which bit’s muck? The simple chicken or the simple sauce? As I said before, my (obviously uneducated) taste buds have never had any issues with Nando’s

The chicken was rubbery (I’m guessing because it’s intensively produced and pre-cooked) and the sauce was over-sweetened and gloopy. I was going to say that it’s not bad value, but there’s a Portugeuse place near me that does authentic chicken piri piri that is both cheaper and tastier.

xcgb
    Free Member

What an awful “restaurant” – poor food and you have to collect your own cutlery. No idea why it’s so popular.

I dont think they are trying to portray themselves as fine dining its fast food just better than Mcds (hopefully)

Collect own cutlery means no tip of course (in my book anyway)

xcgb
    Free Member

Surely thats a chinese place that serves the rubbery chicken?,,,,,

molgrips
    Free Member

My chicken there is not usually rubbery.

speaker2animals

Only been once and medium was at my limit for hot spiciness. For comparison Jalfrezi is my limit on curry so make your own mind up.

On a slightly different tack I have to love my fellow Stokies. There has been a bit of a debate raging as to whether we need a £300M retail leisure complex building in the city centre. One of the arguments put forward on our local rag forum went something like;

“all you lot who are moaning about a pub being bull-dozed are a bunch of sadoes. It’s time Haqnley had some quality eating establishements. I habe to drive all the way to Cheshire Oaks to go to Nandoes, I can’t wait for there to be one in Hanley”!

Oh the aspiration!!!

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

the times I’ve eaten there the chicken has been awful. Their chips are okay… South African friend thinks very highly of it (good chicken livers apparently) so maybe it’s amazing in SA and just not the rest of the world.

passtherizla
    Free Member

i find it ain’t what it used to be… but then it never was amazing.

half chciken extra hot bothe sidelines as peri chips 3 extra hot wings too… and a drink.

BoardinBob

One rung up from a Weatherspoon. Chain restaurant crap.

footflaps

Imagine a (UK) motor way service station restaurant in the High Street – it’s that exciting….

fourbanger
    Free Member

Lot of food snobs on here. It’s fine. Just chicken and chips with chili sauce. It won’t blow your mind, but it will stop you feeling hungry.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I had their chicken burger with refried beans.

They left through the back door far quicker than the time they spent in the atrium.

ransos
    Free Member

Lot of food snobs on here. It’s fine. Just chicken and chips with chili sauce. It won’t blow your mind, but it will stop you feeling hungry.

If that’s all you want, Nando’s is exceptionally poor value.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I like Nandos, but it’s bloody expensive for what it is!

Went for lunch earlier this week with the missis;

Red pepper dip

chicken wrap, chips, corn
    double chicken pitta, chips, corn

2 drinks

frozen yogurt

£35!

And the chicken was overcooked

Sancho
    Free Member

It’s alright nothing to get worked up about, I like it, but Im easily pleased

molgrips
    Free Member

Cant’ believe the snobs on here. It’s simple and unpretentious, perfectly edible and quite tasty. It’s not gourmet food but I don’t always want gourmet food.

And when you are hungry in a new city you don’t always want to spend ages hunting for the perfect tiny exclusive place, do you?

footflaps

It’s hardly snobbery to point out that a lowest common denominator fast food chain doesn’t serve the world’s greatest food.

You can get the same food cheaper from a kebab van / late night fast food joint – Nando’s is far from original or gourmet…

Cougar

t’s simple and unpretentious, perfectly edible and quite tasty. It’s not gourmet food but I don’t always want gourmet food.

Quite.

It’s ostensibly an above average fast food restaurant and is a considerable improvement on your KFCs etc of this world because everything is cooked to order. It’s not going to set the world alight, but then if you’re stood outside looking for the Michelin Stars you’re missing the point.

It’s a chain of course, and I’ve been to good ones and bad ones, though IME the bad ones are comparatively less common.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

it is simple fast food slightly more upmarket than McDonalds/Burger King and a bit healthier too depending on what you order. I dont see what all the complaints are about its not claiming to be anything other than that.

good advert too 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38YWB8iX7OY[/video]

BoardinBob

Personally, I try to support local independent restaurants, which are invariably much better quality and value for money than some horrid, soulless chain restaurant.

ransos
    Free Member

I dont see what all the complaints are about its not claiming to be anything other than that.

It’s overpriced pap.

molgrips
    Free Member

Personally, I try to support local independent restaurants, which are invariably much better quality

Not in my experience. I’ve been in many crappy independent restaurants.

Many people seem utterly convinced that the quality of the food is inversely proportional to the size of the establishment. The power of suggestion I presume 🙂

And as for soul.. what does that mean? On a week day evening, I’m away on business, don’t want to eat in the hotel.. I just need some decent food quickly so I can get back to my room.. I am not really interested in ‘soul’. At least I don’t think I am – is it something to do with processed carbs? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Nandos afficianados’ is closed to new replies.