Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • "names on frames" frame stickers….. anyone got any experience of this guy?
  • scotroutes

#wotalooser

Basil

Where do you stick it?
    Is it like a tramp stamp?

plus-one

Quality flaming guys !!!! Made me chuckle 😀

If anyone is remotely interested these folks are top notch for frame names(runs away to hide) 😳

http://flandriabikes.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=custom.tpl&product_id=30&category_id=6&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=69

stevio

@ Basil – watching “How I met your mother” ???

Basil

Err yes
    looks behind curtains

toys19
    Free Member

I see a name on a top tube I wince a little

I think this is just a measure of how uncomfortable it makes you to deviate from the norm. It reinforces mediocrity..
    The bloke spent money on a product, he hasn’t had it yet, he is pissed off and wants to know if anyone else has had issues.
    It might be an unnecessary product in your eyes, but you should consider that many people think mountain bikes are unnecessary.

wiggles
    Free Member

How bout we all chip in and get him his tenner back after all the fun we’ve had out of it?

I’ll pledge 2p

cynic-al
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    I see a name on a top tube I wince a little
    I think this is just a measure of how uncomfortable it makes you to deviate from the norm. It reinforces mediocrity

No, it comes across as someone pretending to be a pro, and thus embarrasing.

toys19
    Free Member

Sounds like you have lost your inner child.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m going to get one of these for the top tube.

Basil

What’s the child’s name

Rorschach
    Free Member

If they had their name on a sticker,they would’nt be lost.

Basil

If you got your sticker?

scotroutes

cynic-al – Member 
    No, it comes across as someone pretending to be a pro, and thus embarrasing.

The same could be said about most bike purchases, equipment choices and folk “training” for amateur races.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not at all druid, completely different.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Quite tempted by the link from Plus One now I’ve seen they offervthe pirate flag as an option

chrishc777
    Free Member

I bought some for my tri-ethusiast sister and they turned up in less than a week..

thegman67

I have my name on both my bikes with a little Saltire and I don’t care what people think.

bigblackshed

I’ve got “just another fat **** on a bike” on my SS. Not my name but an accurate description of the rider.

Serious note for a moment. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get replacement sticker sets made up? Thinking about getting a frame sprayed and want to change the colour and the stickers.

wiggles
    Free Member

Try Slik Graphics for decals, they are superb

D0NK

cynic-al – Member
    Not at all druid, completely different.

in your opinion….which is kinda the point really.

Minority groups (or freaks with weird pastimes) infighting, arguing and singling out others for derision is pretty sad. Comic effect is one thing but some here sound sincere, not specifically aimed at you al

scotroutes

gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fair point D0NK.

What is “training” anyway, is it related to training?

hora
    Free Member

Does the company also put your name at the bottom of car number plates?

plus-one

Yes to Gil at cycle shed… Big thumbs down to Slik Graphics !!!! Gave up after few months of getting the runaround and every time I spoke to guy on phone(nice as pie) yes no problem I’ll get onto them next week .. Gave up in the end 🙁

hora
    Free Member

What next? Your Strava name listing your KOMs?

Your forum name?

Jesus wept, sweet child of Nazareth.

Basil

Stickers ordered.
    “Sweet Child of Nazareth”

burnside
    Free Member

bigdaddy

I should put my hand up here to having my forum name on all my bikes, have done for years. An’ I’m Proud… (From Flandria.com as mentioned above) 8)

NormalMan

So the OP asks if anyone had dealt with a certain company, for putting something on HIS bike.

Then comments slate his choice, giving an opinion that wasn’t asked for. Even stating it’s an ego thing.

Yes, because ignoring the question and giving your own opinion on what someone should or shouldn’t have on their bike, now that is the height of humility!

@ the OP. Hope it works out. Enjoy your bike.

legend
    Free Member

hora – Member
    What next? Your Strava name listing your KOMs?

World Was 2 fighter stylee – a wee Strava symbol for every KOM slayed!

thejesmonddingo

I’m having Lance Armstrong on mine,coz I take drugs and like to cheat.

iainc

If anyone is persuaded to buy stickers from this thread 🙂 I can reccomend the Flandria website linked earlier. Quick and hassle free.

EdwardH

Isla bikes do names on frames. Both my boys have their names on their bikes and they think its ace!

nano
    Free Member

Flandria +1 (or more it seems)

fatmax

Where’s the OP gone?

jambon
    Free Member

Why not just change your name by deed poll to ‘Specialized Stumpjumper’? I think it costs a fiver.

More seriously, I bought a ‘design your own’ Tee shirt off t’internet over a year ago and the same thing happened. £15 isn’t worth getting in a flap about but if the guy manages to rip £15 of a whole load of folk then it’s worth the scam innit.

unovolo
    Free Member

Forum names on frames

Guilty your honor

In my defense that bike and name existed before I joined STW.

namesonframes
    Free Member

NAMESONFRAMES
    In reply to rbrstr, i contacted via his e mail address, no reply & then replied via pay pal, explaining i had not received a detailed breakdown of name, flag or design, this was not read. He replied to my e mail this morning, he let me know his details stickers printed & will be posted.
    Not sure why there was a communication breakdown.

misinformer
    Free Member

Just sign up now

https://www.facebook.com/FullProKitW

[video]http://youtu.be/kdemFfbS5H0[/video]

that is your theme tune

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘"names on frames" frame stickers….. anyone got any experience of this guy?’ is closed to new replies.