Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Name your greatest achievement!
  • Northwind

Mine is a bit vague, but going from being a very inactive person, via bollocksing my leg completely and going through a long spell of recovery and depression, then bollocksing the same leg again, and more recovery and worse depression… then getting on my forgotten, 15-year-old pushbike one day just for a little exercise as I couldn’t walk more than about half a mile at a time… and riding round the block once and almost collapsing, then one day managed it twice, then eventually made it to the top of the big hill and saw the view on the other side… And somehow ending up a few years later of reasonably sound mind and body, riding every week, racing xc and occasionally downhill…

uponthedowns – Member

That’s fantastic druidh really envious as I’m just past 50 and no where near able to retire

He rubs it in by not looking or acting much like a 50-year-old.

burnie
    Free Member

And I got up again today!

Getting on the podium at Oktoberfest last year (2nd single speed and 9th overall as a 48 year old, since you ask).

I don’t get the kids thing either. It’s not my idea of an achievement.

Karinofnine

My greatest achievement is getting over the horrendous mental damage my father, step-mother and her mother did. I took an overdose once, didn’t work. These days I am, apart from a tiny glitch-ette (I dislike the place I work at) very happy. I can go out of my home by myself, I can speak to people confidently, I can enter races and other events, I no longer use drugs to cope day to day. I gave up smoking too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Seeing my three daughters grow into wonderful young women, much credit due to their mother of course but I’ve done my part. @jonno yes actually having a baby is relatively straightforward for us blokes, its what comes next which is the achievement.

Sports wise I’ve been part of national championship winning teams (at Uni that’s a bloody long time ago), had podium finishes at testing offshore yacht races. I’ve built some very successful businesses which have given me great pride, hiring and retaining top quality teams.

The truth is I get the most buzz from whatever it is I’m doing now or about to do in the near future. I sincerely hope my greatest achievement is yet to come

feenster
    Free Member

Seeing my three daughters grow into wonderful young women

Pics? 😉

Quite proud of once bunny hopping 10 people lying side by side on my bmx in ’91.

feenster
    Free Member

@Repack_rider

imagine being able to turn up on a thread on an mtb forum about greatest achievements and say “well me and my mates er sort of you know like invented mountain biking”

Cool.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Name your greatest achievement!’ is closed to new replies.