Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Name this bird/criticise this photo
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re just brambling on to me sharki.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah in fairness sharki you do seem to be slipping into pigeon English.

theotherjonv

I’d love to join in with this bird related banter but I’ve got a nasty crack in my tooth which is making me grumpy.

Hopefully will feel more inclined to join in once I’ve seen the dentist and got this **** fissure sorted out.

sharki
    Free Member

I am it’s true.

All this stork about birds is great. and it’s good education for the myna’s too.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Why do you even give a chough, Spokes, you keep on trying to match him, you’ll end up bittern twisted. lots of pieces of advice i could give, stay mute’s one

sharki
    Free Member

I’m her-on the sofa and haven’t moved a finch in ages.

sharki
    Free Member

Just swan on in why don’t you charlie..

sharki
    Free Member

Mocking me i know.

Robin all the good names too.

user-removed
    Free Member

My flashgun is in the post

Won’t help much at the long end of a 300mm lens ! Unless used remotely 🙂

Dinnet really care for all the puns 🙁

sharki
    Free Member

Larking about on the net because outside it’s a night in gales or a buzzard.

You’re just a bunch of bustards really.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It’s not plover till the fat bird sings

sharki
    Free Member

Come on.

faster faster…can we trust that the next woodcock it up

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

gah, you guys just get fancier and fancier. I’m gul out to sea, road runner right out of names. Infact I think I’m going cuckoo.

sharki
    Free Member

I’m almost dunlin too.

i’ve turnstones looking fulmer bird names.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Much as i have enjoyed the cut and thrush of this, enjoyed you waxwing lyrical, late night jar after jar. I’ve enjoyed larking about, but i can stop with no egrets, from heron, your godwit will have get by without me. It’s knot my scene. I don’t avocet of ready puns. I’ve enjoyed my stint, but owl duck out here Dowitcher you please. Eider good time, but this is my swansong.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

All of these puns are making me feel a bit under the feather, so I think it’s about time for me to swiftly buzzard off and go to get some sleep. Let me know wren this is all over, and hopefully I’ll see you all in the moorhen.

sharki
    Free Member

alright me shaggers

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Much as i have enjoyed the cut and thrush of this, enjoyed you waxwing lyrical, late night jar after jar. I’ve enjoyed larking about, but i can stop with no egrets, from heron, your godwit will have get by without me. It’s knot my scene. I don’t avocet of ready puns. I’ve enjoyed my stint, but owl duck out here Dowitcher you please. Eider good time, but this is my swansong.

**** 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

My wife has thrush.

dammit, that’s not a pun 🙁

Moonhead
    Free Member

Just seen the thread…. from a photographic point of view…. Doesn’t look sharp to me but that could just be the lens….also looks slightly underexposed. Focus should be on the eye, which you may have done… just can’t tell as nothing looks sharp.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

My wife has thrush

Well, you know they say one in the hand is worth two in the bush

Kunstler

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry folks, Charlie won the pun contest a page ago with the ptarmigan one.

Back to photography:

My flashgun is in the post
    Won’t help much at the long end of a 300mm lens ! Unless used remotely

I know, I was being sarcastic 🙂

just can’t tell as nothing looks sharp

I know.. I know they’re rubbish photos – I’m still learning and this is just me wandering around by my house waving my long one fully extended at a few birds.

Focusing on the eye is hard, focusing on the eye is hard – at effective 600mm hand held I’m lucky if you hit the bird at all. So far I’ve learned some things:

1) results are not as sharp at full zoom even if you shoot at 1/2500
    2) wildlife photography is hard
    3) the nice pics you see in magazines and stuff are the result of a) hiding in hides for hours waiting for the birds to come reasonably close, b) having a tripod and c) having really expensive kit.
    4) my camera can under expose in flat light with snowy conditions.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Name this bird/criticise this photo’ is closed to new replies.