Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Name that bike.
  • warpcow
    Free Member

I can’t for the life of me remember the name of a bike I was trying to describe to a friend earlier, and all efforts to google my vague recollection of it have failed. I know I’ve seen it discussed here before.

It’s a British-made, very niche bike. Steep angles, high BB, very low gears, possibly an enclosed drive-train with hub-gears or maybe a gearbox. Iirc, it also has a slightly odd wheel-size, or maybe it was 650b before 27.5″ became the thing. The USP is that it’s for riding through/up very steep demanding terrain.

Suggestions, and especially a pic, appreciated.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Sounds like a highpath / Cleland

jameso

Geoff Apps design, Cleland bike.

ton
    jameso

Beat to it : )

warpcow
    Free Member

That’s exactly it, thanks! Not sure where I got the idea about the gears from, I was so sure of it.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I’ve seen versions with an enclosed drivetrain. Also they have hub brakes so maybe that’s what you were thinking of with the hub gears?

jameso

He has made a few with enclosed chains and hub gears, inc tensioner and a very oval chain ring.

warpcow
    Free Member

Ah, so not entirely wrong. I must admit I don’t really get them, but I’d love to have a go.

tazzymtb

ace design and he was using oval rings years ago and 29+ as much as it could be with wide rims the biggest wtb dissents at very low pressures well before the mainstream as well.

got to love a bit of eccentricity

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Name that bike.’ is closed to new replies.