Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Naga Chilli
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

Anyone sampled them?

Had some chilli con carne made with three last night – wow! It was like hot pins and needles in my mouth and lips went numb. Friends’ reaction ranged from ‘ooohhh that is hot…’ or ‘OH MY GOD I”M GONNA DIE!’ to ‘…….’ (silence and a look of desperate concentration).

jools182
    Free Member

I’ll give it a miss

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tRq8ExAHzk[/video]

maxray
    Free Member

If his reaction to a tiny slice was like that then 3 in a chilli must have been super extreme?!

CaptJon
    Free Member

it was less intense because of the volume of mince, but it was pretty bad.

fadda

Do people actually like these, or is it a case of showing how terribly manly you are…?

cynic-al
    Free Member

What fadda says. Losers.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i seem to recall that jedi likes em…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I touched a bit about the size of a grain of sugar on my lip once and it felt like someone had put a welding rod through my lip!!!

The flavour is very different to other chillis and really nice – the heat is secondary. I have a pot of Naga Pickle in the fridge which gets used a hell of a lot – not as good as the real thing I’ve heard but better than nothing.

My wife ate a whole fresh Naga for a bet and hardly flinched – but I think that was a duff one so the bet was called off.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Bushwacked – the flavour was something we all commented on. It was nicer than super hot curries.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Mmm…. FACT!

jedi

i love naga chillis , i’m not fond of regular green chillis. i eat them at least 5 times a week! 🙂

letmetalktomark

A friend of mine eating one last summer.

He didn’t look well after 😈

retro83
    Free Member

jeez, that’s 3 or 4 times higher on the heat scale than a scotch bonnet isn’t it?!

letmetalktomark – Member

A friend of mine eating one last summer.

He didn’t look well after

He took that like a man!

willard

Strangely, I grow them and have used them in cooking at home (and at work) before.

Yes, they are hot. Yes, the last time I ate half of one I needed a pint of full fat milk and an ice lollie to get over it, but they do give you an awesome rush.

brick
    Free Member

sugar gets rid of the burning better than anything else.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Are thewy stocked in Tesco? Making some Chilli for the in laws tommorrow, might liven up the bonfire night party…….. 😈

Drac

Have some Naga chilli sauce in the fridge, fantastic flavour and nice intense heat. Lovely.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Here’s one of my favourites http://www.firefoods.co.uk/peanut_butter.htm

johnners
    Free Member

Our local Tesco stocks them.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Had a Naga ordered for me at a curry house once, I loved it, but no one else could eat it, did give me a whole new rush, flavour aside that is, to be honest I haven’t found anything else that comes close, have yet to try them in their natural state, may have to go looking for some this weekend now

Drac

This is the one I’ve for piked it up at a local show as the small company is based in the NE.

Kick Ass Sauce

highclimber
    Free Member

I ate a habanero chilli once thinking it was a jalapeno. I regretted it two mins later. I can’t imaging what a chilli 3-4 x hotter than that would feel like to eat but given I had to leave the restaurant for 30 mins I think it would be pretty bad!

dazh

I used them for the first time last week. Put 3 in a chilli. They’re very hot, but very tasty and aromatic. Like a very intense habanero or scotch bonnet. Gloves are advisable for chopping and try not to breathe in the fumes when cooking. Two lessons I learnt the hard way.

The tescos I bought them from also had Dave’s Ghost Pepper Insanity sauce which is made from Naga Jolokias but I’ve not tried that yet. Bit scared of it to be honest!

Drac

breathe in the fumes when cooking. Two lessons I learnt the hard way.

I was making a stir-fry some years back, got distracted and didn’t realise how hot I’d let the wok get. Dropped in the chillies which instantly blasted steam up at me, put me on the floor with watering eyes and gasping for breath. Only lasted a few seconds but it was intense.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A lad at our place took on a bet that he couldn’t ‘eat’ a spoonful of ‘Daves Insanity Sauce’ He did but wasn’t at all well for 2 days.
    Some time later he ate an Oxo cubed sized piece of prison soap, just cos someone said he couldn’t.
    This daft t*at here…

chvck
    Free Member

I bought some of this which is made from nagas + crystal capsicum extract. It’s over 1mil scovilles and bugger me it’s hot. I decided to spread some on bread and eat that, cue me in the fetal position for about 15 minutes and a suspected stomach ulcer for a few weeks after. I now treat it with serious respect!

Xylene
    Free Member

My missus when making Kra-Pao really burns the chillis up. She once, bless the barking mad wench, put the nagas and scotch bonnets we had in the freezer in to fry for the Kra-Pao because the rat-shits had been finished.

We had to evacuate the flat and go stand outside.

Brought back fond memories of cooking in our apartment in Korea and opening the door so that the chilli fumes went into the stairwell. We would hear people coughing and spluttering as they came up the stairs.

Cougar

What the geoff is “prison soap”?

Cougar

(or is that not a euphamism and it’s actually soap?)

sam42
    Free Member

interesting contrast in reaction between the english fella (letmetalktomark’s mate) and the american hippie looking dude…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Naga Chilli’ is closed to new replies.