Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • N Power – Electric Bill 3 Years after Moving Out
  • skiprat
    Free Member

Got home last night to find an N-Power bill on my door step. Am no longer with them. Opened it to find a bill for £230 for the house i moved out of 3 years ago!!! The house had been let before i bought it and had a pre paid meter in it. Best thing is that they are saying that i closed the account for that house in 2007. I moved out in the middle of 2006 and took them with me to the new house!!!

So my questions to you all are: –

1. How can you get in debt when you have a pre paid meter? If the credits not on it, the power goes off!!

2. Can they come asking for money 3 years after you've moved?

Any help please. Ta

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Have you phoned them up to tell them they've made a mistake?

Awesome though I am, I can't do that for you.

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

Phoned them and have got the names of the people i have spoken to. They are now looking into it and will let me know. Think the bloke could tell i was not a happy bunny, i couldnt get my words out quick enough and he couldn't pass the call on quick enough!!

Thanks muddypuddle for the address. Will pen them a letter now.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

oh my god i have the very same problem moved out 3 years ago, pre paid meter and the same company and they are trying to do me for 460 quid, I did laugh rather loudly before putting the phone down

Jakester
    Free Member

I too have a similar tale of woe.

Left house in 2006 fully paid up, as of two months ago, they were still chasing for an erroneous debt.

My final correspondence with them invited them to issue court proceedings (I'm a solicitor) and advised them I would be interested to see how they would justify pursuing me over a reading that they admitted was incorrect and entered by one of their own staff before we left the property. Still waiting to hear back… 😉

They're bully-boy tossers – I particularly hate the way they send letters threatening bailiff visits from supposedly independent companies, which are actually Npower subsidiaries.

I'm expecting this to pop up again in 6 months, as they seem to diarise it to chase every 6 months, and when they do I shall issue proceedings for an injunction against them following Ferguson v British Gas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘N Power – Electric Bill 3 Years after Moving Out’ is closed to new replies.