Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mz Bomber MX LO OE from Wiggle – V-brake compatible?
  • Padowan
    Free Member

Does anyone know if THESE can take V-Brakes, or only discs?

mike_check
    Free Member

Nope, click the Q&A on the product description;

Q: can v brakes be fitted to these forks and if so how much are the posts?

A: No, they have no mounting points for V-brakes

Edit* That answer comes from Wiggle Staff.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Slight hijack, does anyone know if these forks actually work? As in most cheap suspension forks I've encountered have huge amounts of stiction, no damping, and then they sieze…. EG – MX comps, Rockshox Darts et al…..

Padowan
    Free Member

Nope, click the Q&A on the product description;

Doh! RTFM!

Thanks!

easygirl

i had a pair similar to these, the brake bosses for v brakes are still there, so i would imagine its a case of screwing 2 bosses in

if you look further down the Q&A section it appears someone has fitted v brakes to this fork

HTTP404
    Free Member

does anyone know if these forks actually work?

They work like all MX Comps do with the bonus of a lock-out. The design hasn't changed over the years.
    Not too heavy, nitride coated stanchions and excellent seals for the fit-and-forget mentality. For £50 – bargain.

Padowan
    Free Member

That's kind of what I wondered – the picture certainly looks like it can take a boss for a brake pivot. They'd be for the missuses bike so I think they're quite suitable.

Get a pair of forks for £44, then pay another £18 (from CRC) for the bosses – something seems a little perverse about that!!

sam-r
    Free Member

slight hijack:

do these have 2 springs, i.e. one in each leg? The old Bomber design had 2, I remember Jenny Copnall ran Z2s with 1 spring removed as she was light. That is what I want to do (not for me). Also has anyone messed around with swapping springs from say Rock Shox to Marzocchi etc.? Will internal and external diameters match roughly? One would have thought they will all be in a ballpark, but does anyone know?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have done mix and match with DJ1s – springs and top caps from differnt models. It might work it might not – you have to have the parts in your hand to see.

sam-r
    Free Member

do all Marz forks have a spring in each leg? I'm tempted to buy then find out. Is this Bomber design essentially the same as the Z-series?

easygirl

got my forks today from wiggle, both brake bosses are threaded, so you can insert the v brake adaptors and run v brakes!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mz Bomber MX LO OE from Wiggle – V-brake compatible?’ is closed to new replies.