Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mystery suicidal downhill section?
  • DarrenH

Hello guys,
    I took a big drop earlier today on this mad piece of loose downhill and was wondering if anyone who rides in the cranham or birdlip area has conquered it? cos I need tips for when I go back to beat it.
    Its the bridleway halfway down the steep hill from birdlip village (b4070) that comes out at the 12 bells pub on the cirencester road. You turn right onto the bridleway and pass a couple of houses then head up (and up!) you can't miss the downhill part in question.
    cheers

mAx_hEadSet

That bridleway sounds dangerous …have you not thought of writing to the council and asking them to repair it? 😉

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

If it really is suicidal, you need to go and try to ride it again…

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Not 100% sure from your description but I've prob ridden it at some time or another, there are a few "secret" drops around those woods 😉

DarrenH

Maybe I should of put very difficult downhill section! It is definately rideable, think I'm maybe not used to these new fangled hydraulic brakes. I'm hoping to tag along on a ride with the bigfoot guys next week, maybe some of them will know?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Mmmmmm I doubt that the BF lot would be up for much of that, send me a mail and we can hook up next week sometime for a ride if you want!

DarrenH

cool, might be worth a look to see if you know the place. I can't make anything definate right now cos my fiance's just had twins but definately soon man, cheers.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

"If it really is suicidal, you need to go and try to ride it again…"

heh heh. 😀

Ti29er
    Free Member

If you contact the local council & have some pictures to email them.
    Thereafter you can tell them about trees-down, fly-tippers etc with a direct email to someone who can act.
    I have done something similar and it works a treat now with minor issues on my bridleway rides.
    Plus it gets the nettles cut back far more readily than ever if did before I was in touch – maybe they now know someone uses it 3x weekly!

DarrenH

Cool, it might be worth a try. After all if the complete layer of loose gravel was removed it would be an amazing piece of downhill (or maybe it was my lack of riding experience). Anyway, thanks for the advice. 😀

shaunthesheep
    Free Member

DarrenH

Is this the track that leads to the cheeky trails behind the Royal George pub?

Never had any problems around there with traction apart from the mess left by dog walkers!

STS

DarrenH

Yeah Sts, heading down from the royal George, there's kind of a t junction about 3/4's of the way down.
    To head on down to the road (the safest way) turn right, the nasty bit is on the left.
    I was going to have a look last saturday but I followed one of the bigfooters down the proper, much better route.
    If I get the chance I'll ride up sometime this week and get a photo and try to upload it.
    If i remember rightly it looked like the council had been there and "improved" the section with the gravel covering, thus ruining what was probably an amazing downhill section! 👿

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mystery suicidal downhill section?’ is closed to new replies.