Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • myhermes good or bad?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Parcel sent to me on 9th Dec, tracking showing showing “out for delivery” since 0438 yesterday & still no delivery. How large must the van be that it has that many parcels in it & takes this long for “my local courier” to get to my house?

I know it’s Christmas but am I being unrealistic?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I thought myhermes dropped a load of parcels at the local couriers house by truck then the courier works his way through the load in their car, thats how it seems to work here.

tomd
    Free Member

They’ve been pretty good for me, both sending and receiving. The local drivers are under huge pressure generally – your experience will depend on how good your local guy is.

I had one delivery messed up with them (out of many). 3 of 3 packages delivered, except one was from a different consignment and contained XXXXL helly hansen thermals rather than home brew supplies. gutted.

It is best to complain via twitter, that’s what I had to do in the end to get it sorted. They’re a very low margin / high volume business and they aren’t set up to handle very specific issues (“computer says we’ve delivered 3 parcels” sort of stuff)

pk13

Lost a bike of mine about 1 hour after it left my house. I use lost in a very loose sense of the word.

kristoff
    Free Member

Calling Mattoutandabout to the forum I’m sure he’s got an opinion!

alanl
    Free Member

I’ve used them maybe 50 times this year, no problem at all.
    ‘Out for delivery’ does not mean with the local delivery (wo)man iirc, but it has been sent from their sorting hub to the local delivery centre.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

As Soma, wagon delivers to a local lock up, individuals pick up and deliver using their cars to houses on their patch.

rOcKeTdOg

Ah could be another weekend without off road riding then 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sent around 50 parcels through Hermes this year, all quickly delivered. Only one damaged and got compensation within 24 hours.

rocketman
    Free Member

Gloria the myhermes woman came round to our house the other evening with a parcel because we weren’t in during the day and she wanted to make sure we got it

mrhoppy

Can’t be worse than DX Freight. Lost one bike from in their Southampton depot. We’re 2 days late on the replacement and left that by the garage, we were on Holiday so it sat out in view of the road for a week.

alanf
    Free Member

Depends really on who your ‘end’ courier is.
    The lady we have is excellent for both collection and delivery but others have not had such a great experience.
    It’s the luck of the draw really.

CheesybeanZ

I thought myhermes dropped a load of parcels at the local couriers house by truck then the courier works his way through the load in their car, thats how it seems to work here.

I pass our local one several times a week and they seem to throw the contents of the metre square bags all over their drive then kick/flick the smaller parcels into smaller batches ready for delivery . The larger parcels are either lent against the wall or fall onto the foot path . The garage is absolutely jamed with parcels , looks like mum dad and kids do the delivering .

unovolo
    Free Member

Sent 3 or 4 parcels with them in the last month,Non lost(result) and all seem to have been taken around 4days from drop off to be being delivered to the recipient.

I noticed the most recent one was signed for at 20.38 evening time.

Will be using them again soon so fingers crossed they stay on the ball.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I use them a lot. 30+ parcels this year. Never had a problem.

nick1962
    Free Member

Currently waiting on a delivery from them myself so I’ll be careful not to jinx the delivery gods.The local delivery guy and lady are pretty conscientious but their “parcel transfer depot” is a pub car park where the Hermes HGV tips out the goods onto the floor for sorting.They do appear a lot more professional than the local Yodel guy though…

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Never had a problem with them personally

andytherocketeer

did use an expletive when i found out my amazon order was being delivered by myhermes, but surprisingly it did arrive OK. but only because the ladies mop crop shop downstairs signed for it.

convinced that hermes prefixed their name with “my” to stop people reffering to them as (my) herpes.

much prefer dhl, gls and dpd.

singletracksurfer

Send loads of stuff with them and they’ve pretty much always been very good and rectified the issue if they ever messed up. A little slow sometimes but I’m very happy with them.

They’ve had a fire last week which slowed their services down I believe.

rOcKeTdOg

Got the sender to query delivery, myhermes say the parcel is too big to deliver without him paying an extra £10!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Which means he’s lied about the size to get it cheaper?

kayak23

Never had a problem sending.

johndoh
    Free Member

I read that as my herpes.

rOcKeTdOg

Which means he’s lied about the size to get it cheaper

No, I think their parcel measuring scale is misleading. I’m not blaming the sender

LMT
    Free Member

Deleted – re-read the above

bombjack
    Free Member

Was posted a frame on the 3rd Dec, apparently (according to their tracking system) it was left in my porch on the 9th. Except I don’t have a porch…
    Its also then listed as going back in the van on the 10th. And then it appears to have disappeared!
    Still lists the expected delivery date as the 9th, according to their customer services dept its a “scanning error”
    Fcuktard all of them.

daveh
    Free Member

Had a knock on the door at ~20:00 on Sunday from a lass with package in hand asking where an address was. I presume it was My Hermes or similar. I’m sure our stores lady at work said they get paid 79p per package, not something I’d like to make pay.

rOcKeTdOg

Just had email from Burton’s saying they are delivering a parcel via myhermes too, so they are coming anyway (hopefully) wonder if they’ll bring both?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

myhermes good or bad

Not the first one.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Etc.

Myhermes cost peanuts.

Your call.

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair, whoever is the first courier to employ simians, will be getting my business.

nemesis
    Free Member

It depends I think is the right answer. Because they seem to subcontract deliveries out, if you’re in an area with a good person, it’s great – at our old place, the guy was always on time and would leave parcels somewhere safe in line with instructions if we were out or would come and try to deliver at times when he knew we’d probably be in.

Other places seem to have people who would give monkeys a bad name.

rOcKeTdOg

“Parcel delivered & signed for by household member”
    Maybe the cat has hidden talents?

daveh
    Free Member

Oh, and they only get their 79p if they deliver on time. Parcel delivered & signed for can mean you weren’t in and I didn’t want to leave it, I’ll pop back later/tomorrow/when i can to deliver it but I’ll sign it off as delivered so I get paid.

Jamie
    Free Member

Either that, or it’s been stashed somewhere. Apparently a speaker I sold to Postierich last week was left by the back door, or something.

sandwicheater

Use them for my ebay stuff, never had a problem.

I’ve never paid for the signature option but it’s always provided. Save yourself £1

singlesteed
    Free Member

Had a package opened by them! Probably to see if it was an ipad!

Laxed attitude is an understatement!

Put it this way, I’d rather use ParcelForce if it were an option as a buyer.

rOcKeTdOg

Package left with neighbours, all intact, phew! Only took 9 days in the end

jimw
    Free Member

As stated before, I’d have to be paid a largish sum to use hermes if our local lot are anything to go by. Much rather pay a bit extra and use Interlink who have been utterly reliable when I have used them

ratherbeintobago

Delivered to us this morning; left the parcel under the table in the garden, essentially in a puddle.

Not impressed, on the whole.

rOcKeTdOg

2nd parcel “delivered to letterbox”

Not mine, but one 5 doors away 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘myhermes good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.