Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • My wife's "mobile" phone
  • theprancinghorse
    Free Member

As per title, just rang my good lady who has gone to the shops and her phone is sat here on the table next to me, this happens quite a lot. A plus is I suppose that at least it is turned on.

Does anyone else experience this kind of thing?

Drac

Yup.

Spends most of it’s time on the settee unless she’s at work then it goes with her.

Jamie
    Free Member

Does anyone else experience this kind of thing?

Yup.

I always find that when ringing your good lady’s phone. Usually stick to texts.

jota180
    Free Member

I only ever have a switched on phone during work hours

I’ll take it with me if I’m off cycling or motorcycling but that’s about it.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

@Jamie BoomTish, like that one 🙂

chrishc777
    Free Member

Mine always has hers with her but in silent so never answers. I’ve now started purposely making a point ie she’ll get home and ask why I haven’t done say the washing and I’ll say well I rang you to ask were the washing powder was but you didn’t answer. Or ‘you were supposed to pick me up from work’ well I rang to see what time you were finishing but you didn’t answer.
    She’ll get fed up sooner or later, either with me in general or with having her phone on silent

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Ah yes, God help me if I forget to take mine and she wants to get hold of me. SWMBO barely remembers to take it with her.
    Have tried the tactics above and just got me further into the wrong.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Maybe she needs a bit of “quiet” time…………

Simon

Yes, it’s either on silent, out of battery or not in the same place as her. 11 yo daughter has similar habits.
    Why can’t they just leave it in their front left jeans pocket like normal people??

jota180
    Free Member

My missus does her nut with me for not having a phone with me, I can’t stand being contactable all the time

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bottom of the bag on silent ALWAYs does my head in, “but its on vibrate” – YES but you cant feel that when its in the bottom of your bag !!! – hence the 4 missed calls.

popstar
    Free Member

Oh man, you touched sensitive spot.

Not only it is on silent, but whatever portable device she touches all of them go on silent, 12% battery and expects devices to be used at most important moments like taking holiday photos, or playing movies to crying babies on a plane.

She drove me mad once I destroyed her iphone once, in her face like with a foo kin hammer. She realised how big a loss was that, ended up with cheap samsung jobbie and hated me for 2 months. As a well caring gentleman she got her iphone again and improved her habits … for few months.

It’s all back to square one.

Cougar

😯

jota180
    Free Member

She drove me mad once I destroyed her iphone once, in her face like with a foo kin hammer.

You could probably do with some help for your anger issues there.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Oh man, you touched sensitive spot.

Sounds like you have got a few of those.

popstar
    Free Member

Man, there were specific circumstances and I lost my head. Nothing to be proud of, but I don’t regret it. Message reached her head that at times, phone call can be critical. I never call with BS chat, if I fancy trolling then txt do fine. Surprisingly the best way to comunicate with woman is via her bloody Facebook or work e-mail, wtf?!

matt_outandabout

I remember back in the day when we didn’t have mobiles. I wonder how we ever lived life, with all these ‘vital’ calls that cannot wait until we meet.
    I also remember writing letters or picking up the phone at work – instead of 100 emails a day. Somehow we got stuff done, and no-one had even heard of ring-fencing the donkey.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

Mrs PrancingHorse now safely back from shops, just found out that she took my car as “your car has petrol in it” there is another one, right there…

user-removed
    Free Member

You should smash her car in her face with a hammer.

MoreCashThanDash

“Your late back from your ride”

“Because I have just walked four miles home in the pissing rain as my chain snapped”

“Don’t take it out on me, if you’d rung me I’d have come and got you in the car”

*long hostile silence*

“Ah, my phone must be on silent….”

👿

SiB
    Free Member

good lady who has gone to the shops and her phone is sat here on the table

Maybe she doesn’t want you to know where she has actually gone??

crankboy
    Free Member

I lost my phone once my wife was able to access my Google account by guessing my password and locate it by some GPS thing all from her laptop while I was phoneless at work . the implications of this have not been lost on me.

muggomagic

My wife is forever forgetting her phone and on the odd occasion that she does remember it, it will most likely have around 5% charge.

seadog101

Phone call?
    Rarely answered.

Text?
    Guaranteed reply, as she thinks it might be one of her chums and actually takes phone from bag to check, and she knows I know that she always checks, so cannot deny having seen said communication.

Northwind

My dad has a mobile, as far as I know it’s never once been unplugged from the charger.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Texts that require a longer answer than yes or no sooo you call them immediately.

No answer….

andyfla
    Free Member

“Because I have just walked four miles home in the pissing rain as my chain snapped”

Says the man who rode off in the pissing rain when I couldn’t get that bloody puncture fixed and I had a long walk to the car from Matlock …….

UncleFred
    Free Member

Had an off and broke my collarbone, went to a&e, phoned the wife, no answer, phone her sister who is an emergency planner, she’ll have her phone on right? Nope, both personal and business, no answer. Tried her mother, no answer. Called her dad, picked up on the first ring, drove down to where they were and all 3 had heard something ringing but didn’t think it would he important, so didn’t pick up! It’s genetic.

MoreCashThanDash

Wow, Andy, that’s a long time you’ve harboured that grudge. You are so in touch with your feminine side.

But if you’d texted me I’d have answered!

Speshpaul

“Had an off and broke my collarbone”
    “all 3 had heard something ringing but didn’t think it would he important”

There you go.

ourmaninthenorth

She has two hones (personal and work). Likely neither are with her, or if they are they’re out of charge. When they are with her, there’s no answer, and text is a waste of time.

I have one phone and, because I work in the mobile business of a telco, it’s rarely more than touching distance away.

Which is why – obviously – she only ever calls my desk phone. The desk I’m never at….

aP
    Free Member

Are any of those above better than having a beer at the weekend, when she gets her work phone out and says, ‘oh, I just need to phone Kevin.’
    An hour later she wanders back in and says, ‘apparently it’s warm and sunny in Houston’, as she’s been talking to someone in, how can I put this? Houston.

zokes
    Free Member

After our dear little one had us up for over three hours during the night, it certainly crossed my mind to take a hammer to MrsZ’s iPhone when its alarm went off two hours earlier than necessary this morning.

“I didn’t realise I’d set it”

“Yes, darling…. you enjoy your day at home looking after the little one while I try not to fall asleep whilst riding to work”

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My mom keeps her’s turned off in her handbag at all times to save the battery. 😯

GrahamS

In-laws do that too.

When asked why they don’t have their mobiles turned on, they reply “Because nobody ever calls us”. 😯

catschroedinger
    Free Member

So you think your wife and new lover need the interruption?

njee20
    Free Member

MILs trick is to phone, and if she doesn’t get you/leaves a message she then turns her phone off, so you can’t actually reply!

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs Stoner calls to tell me as she’s just leaving the office. At exactly the same time as I’m cooking tea for the Mini Stoners. She then proceeds to give me a run down on her day. Over the phone. We shall be face-to-face in 45 minutes. And I wont have macaroni cheese balanced on my knee with the phone wedged in my shoulder.

I treat phone calls like an old fashioned telegram: as if each word is an expensive conveyance of vital information. I say the word “stop” quite a lot.

boxelder

How did Churchill’s generation cope with such hardships……….
    Bunch of moaning minnies
    Stoner – parallel lives……

LMT
    Free Member

Lol at this thread, my OH is the same, useless with a mobile phone, often find it wedged down the sofa with the last bleep of battery life. I can txt her Monday and she will reply Thursday if im lucky. But god forbid if I don’t answer her straight away even though she knows I have a work phone so don’t carry my own mobile.

Must be a woman thing….

I forgot to add, the other thing is she has to have the latest iphone every year, last year I asked her why? you don’t use it. The reply I got was hhhmmpp

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘My wife's "mobile" phone’ is closed to new replies.