• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ART.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My wife wants a Cotic Roadrat
  • porter_jamie

Specifically a duck egg one. Couple of things.

We want to do a bit of light touring with panniers, maybe the Devon Coast to Coast and similar things. Will a mtb groupset be a silly idea, or not? I am planning on using my rigid genesis io with Alfine 8. We will certainly not be trying to bash out 70 mile days. We have a 9 speed xt/xtr transmission on a hard tail we are going to retire. Also have some cx disk wheels and some brakes so would just need finishing kit. if a mtb group is a bad idea, can I just get 105 triple and mtb shifters in 10sp?

What size? She is 5ft 8″ I reckon a medium.

danti

I would’ve thought the mtb group set would be ideal with Devon being pretty hilly and running 700c wheels and a medium for someone 5′ 8″ with a shortish stem if she prefers an upright riding position.

Clink

I ride at medium at 5’10” – personally I would have thought small at 5’8″?

porter_jamie

I can’t decide tbh. She has long legs about 32″ which are longer than mine and I thought medium with a short stem might be the way to go to avoid a too long post and also toe overlap and use a shortish stem maybe 70/80mm. The cotic website recommends a 90 to 120 mm stem though so I don’t know.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ on a medium. It’s on that cusp I think, best to try to test ride a couple to be sure.

tomaso
    Free Member

Admittedly I’m largish but always found the Roadrat flexi and even more so when ladden with panniers. May not be an issue for a wee lass that isn’t 90kg…

Good tyres will help – quick but comfy and puncture resistant.

Everything else sounds grand – enjoy!

MoreCashThanDash

Ask Cotic – they are pretty good at sizing advice

porter_jamie

so i ordered a medium. next hurdle is choosing a hope headset colour. i reckon you can’t go wrong with black, she is thinking clear/silver

davosaurusrex

She’s right, silver will look much classier with that colour frame

ART

Right choice, I’m 5 4″ and on a small. Silver will be lovely 🙂
    Edit – 70mm stem is just right.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My wife wants a Cotic Roadrat’ is closed to new replies.