Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • My wife is ace
  • Harry_the_Spider

The local Quality Save are shifting Airfix kits for £2.99.

She has bought me a Spitfire MKVI, Hurricane, P51 and FW190.

Tally Ho!

binners

Thats a a very weaponised present for a vegetarian.

Is this in all Quality Save then? Theres one on the way home. Might do the same and buy Debs a spitfire

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get in.

Open invitation?

Harry_the_Spider

Is this in all Quality Save then?

She only went to one (Prestwich) so I cannot answer your question.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Mine too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oooh, ninja edit! Skillz.

avdave2

Thats a a very weaponised present for a vegetarian.

Who ever flew an Airfix Spitfire round their bedroom saying “Take that moo cow” or strafing imaginary fields of sheep?

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

Photos of them built please, when you are ready. Maybe even a Youtube video of them swooping about with your added sound effects

Not me @ad – I was shooting down the Jerries

Harry_the_Spider

They will go with the stash of other unfinished/unstarted Airfix kits.

I’ve got 2 weeks off at Christmas, which will probably be my first opportunity to have a good go at them.

Rubber_Buccaneer

strafing imaginary fields of sheep

Not me @ad – I was shooting down the Jerries

Strafing European opponents for me too 🙂

IHN

My wife is ace

Meh, I’ve had better.

ehrob

IHN wins this time.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife’s awesome too. She’s just got her first small amount of money from her new 2 day part time job, then she suggested I buy the waterproof jacket I liked in Go Outdoors, using up all her cash.

mogrim

My wife’s awesome too. She’s just got her first small amount of money from her new 2 day part time job, then she suggested I buy the waterproof jacket I liked in Go Outdoors, using up all her cash.

I’d be asking myself what she’s done… car got a new scratch down the side, for example?

molgrips
    Free Member

🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

My wife is ace

Smoke her a kipper.

She’ll be back for breakfast.

binners

My long suffering other half is taking us out tonight with her winnings for correctly predicting that England would lose 2 – 1 to Iceland (at 20/1) the other night 😀

We want the finest wines known to humanity. We want them here, and we want them now!

SammyC
    Free Member

Mines taking me to see David O’Doherty this eve 😀

sneakyg4
    Free Member

What it hell is Quality Save? Somehow all I can picture is an Arkwright-esque corner shop selling coal and ‘barm’ cakes.

Do they have any offers on sour-dough ciabatta with olive tampenade?

In all seriousness a wife who buys you airfix is a keeper, good show.

Harry_the_Spider

Quality Save is the best!

They “box shift” old stock. Brilliant if you have small kids into movie themed action figures, as what was once £10 can usually be found for £1.99 4 months later.

We have many, many Star Wars, Avengers, LoTRs figures. Probably running into the hundreds. Never paid rrp for any of them.

Star Wars Mashers is the big thing at the moment. £20 sets going for about £7.

stumpyjon

Star Wars masher?

martinhutch

Is it like Kwik Save of old? Now that was a top shop for all your horsemeat needs.

Your missus has missed an opportunity though – should have owned you with bombers.

Harry_the_Spider

Hero Mashers (apparently)

Harry_the_Spider

Is it like Kwik Save of old? Now that was a top shop for all your horsemeat needs.

Don’t dis t’Save.

binners

Is it like Kwik Save of old?

Sort of, but its much better than that. Kwik Save had the odd useful item.

Now Imagine a whole shop full of plastic tat that has no practical use whatsoever, and you never imagined you’d want before you stepped in and saw it….. thats Quality Save. And you can buy loads of it because its dirt cheap. Whats not to like? 😀

roper
    Free Member

A trumpet my wife bought me has arrived today!!! It’s bloody brilliant. Not only does she put up with my noise but encourages it.

martinhutch

Now Imagine a whole shop full of plastic tat that has no practical use whatsoever, and you never imagined you’d want before you stepped in and saw it….. thats Quality Save. And you can buy loads of it because its dirt cheap. Whats not to like?

Sounds a bit like Boyes. That has Airfix too.

Is Quality Save a ‘wrong side of the Pennines’ type thing?

molgrips
    Free Member

Just had a quick squall of rain, so I ran outside in my new jacket. Didn’t last long enough for me to get not wet though.

binners

Is Quality Save a ‘wrong side of the Pennines’ type thing?

Looking on their website it would appear mainly so.

But theres a couple over on the dark side

johndoh
    Free Member

Anyone ever cover the tailplane in glue, set fire to it then throw the plane out of a bedroom window pretending it had been shot down?

Or was that just me?

🙂

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Anyone ever cover the tailplane in glue, set fire to it then throw the plane out of a bedroom window pretending it had been shot down?

Awesome! Must try that with the kids this weekend

proutster
    Free Member

johndoh

Even better was to sellotape a banger to it and lob it out of the window 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I once stuffed HMS Ark Royal with disposable lighters and torched it.

Not as spectacular as one would have hoped TBH.

Kryton57

Mines awesome too. She just text me to tell me my dinner is keeping warm. Since 4.30 :/

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M is fantastic, I bought her an e-bike so she could go riding with me and my mates at “mates pace”, the look on their faces as she crushed us all up some hard Dartmoor climbs was priceless.

I also now have a pace partner up the infamous Friston Fireroad.

IdleJon

tuskaloosa – Member
    Awesome! Must try that with the kids this weekend

Kids make too much noise when you glue them, never mind when you light them. Airfix is much better.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘My wife is ace’ is closed to new replies.